Immersion Corporation

www.immersion.com
  www.immersion.com
There are newer employer reviews for Immersion Corporation

Great people and Company has a great future.

Current Employee - Financial in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Financial in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Immersion Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Immersion has great people to work and to collaborate with. There is a great new program where people can share and put in place innovative ideas. It really allows one to make a difference. Also Immersion is small enough that you can get to know people well.

The technology is very exciting. Its Haptics technology which is all about touch. The technology gives a lot of feeling to cell phones and makes games more fun. And now there is a lot of market acceptance. Very big customers such as Samsung and Sony pay Immersion for the technology.

Immersion has a great future. The Company has now reported significant increases in profitability at the end of 2013. They also have no debt and a lost of cash in the bank. Its great when a company can concentrate on what they do and not have ot worry about not having enough money.

Immersion also has great benefits. Those include stock options, restricted stock unit (RSU) grants, a bonus plan, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, a 401k with a great employee match, a great medical plan for employees and their families, a dental insurance plan, a vision plan, a tax free 125 plan for health care and child care, and even free breakfast. A lot of companies seem to have cut back in these areas these days, but not Immersion.

Immersion has a lot of people with families that work there. So most all are sympathetic to work/family balance. That is honestly hard to find these days. Immersion people like to work hard for Immersion, but they also enjoy having a lot of time with their family which is so important.

Immersion continues to be on a growth trajectory. So there are lots of opportunities in Immersion's future.

Cons

Immersion is a small Company. Every department is small. Hopefully with all of the planned growth there will be more opportunites for advancement as time goes on.

Continue to listen to employee suggestions. The program to take innovative ideas from employees is great and should be kept and expanded.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Immersion Corporation (View Most Recent)

Great people, culture, opportunities for development...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Immersion Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at the company full-time for over 4 years now. What keeps me engaged and happy to be here are the people, career development opportunities, relationship with my manager, and being a part of a growing technology company that is in exciting and interesting markets. I get to interact daily with employees in the US, Canada, Asia Pacific and Europe. Due to small company size and having a supportive manager, I’m able to work on company-wide projects and stretch assignments that I might not get the opportunity to work on in a larger organization. There are also great perks and incentives such as a bonus plan tied to individual and company performance, stock, ESPP, great health benefits, fun company events and the monthly breakfast and lunches are always nice too. But the part that makes me look forward to coming to work each day are the people; they are a group of smart, talented and friendly people.

Cons

Due to small company size, resources can be limited at times and some processes could benefit from being automated.

Positive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Immersion Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Welcoming environment, exciting team. Positive experience.

Cons

Location is a little tough if you are on the younger side

There are newer employer reviews for Immersion Corporation