Imperial Oil

www.imperialoil.ca

Depends who likes you

Procurement (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsExxonMobil majority shareholder allows for global opportunity for some. Established processes. Hire for careers as opposed to positions. Working for the biggest and best instills sense of pride in employees.

ConsOpportunities go to the most aggressive and outspoken, not necessarily the most knowledgeable or talented. Politics and bureaucracy can be exhausting. Who you know and who likes you the most seem to determine rankings and where you end up.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees don't need to hear what you think they want to hear. Straightforward feedback without manipulation or spinning a story is best. Recognize talent that exists in employees that aren't engineers.

High Calibre of Employees - but set in their ways without taking much notice of alternative energy

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Imperial Oil

Pros: very High Calibre of employees. The interview process was very thorough, and they are quite selective.… Cons: not enough focus put into alternative energy. Typical employee is… Advice to Senior Management: alternative energy focus, a company like BP is doing a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

conservative environment, poor advancement

Pay Is Not As Good (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Imperial Oil

Pros: good work environment, profession and well skilled work force Cons: poor opportunity for advancement but environment Advice to Senior Management: it is a boys club - people are great Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Imperial Oil.

Worked for Imperial Oil? Contribute to the Community!