Growing Market Opportunity, Established Leadership, Competence in the DNA

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at companies with strong management teams, and I've worked at companies that had an exciting and growing market opportunity. At Imperva there is both, which is hard to find. I wake up in the morning wanting to engage in my work, and for the most part like people throughout most parts of the company.

Cons

We work hard here - most weeks I enjoy it - this is not a place to coast or hide out.

Advice to Management

As we grow keep holding each team accountable for performance and core competency as has been done in the past - even as the skills mix of leaders may shift to those with experience running larger teams.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great company, very professional team, yet fun. Excellent culture that promotes-from-within

Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well run, good people, professional management team. The company has a get-things-done culture, focused on performance and a team effort to drive results. I've been promoted internally, and that seems to be a general pattern: if there are good candidates internally, they are given the opportunity to advance their career.

I have worked at large and small companies, and when it comes to Sales, Marketing, Services and R&D, I find NONE of the tensions and rivalries I have experienced at other companies. That is refreshing. People pull together to get things done and solve problems, not point fingers. Also, relatively speaking, I find almost no politics to speak of, which is also a welcome change from other companies.

Cons

Coordination and communication can be challenging with a globally dispersed team, but that seems to work pretty well.

The people on my team were nice, but the is a lack of professionalism shown towards customers and a void in leadership.

Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva

Pros

Salary is competitive and the work hours are acceptable. There is nice kitchen and the benefits are decent. The office is nice.

Cons

There are not enough employees in support. Three quarters of the people there are less than one year. The job is much different than I imagined.

Advice to Management

Need to allow for more training for support engineers, have improved portal, better phone system and more organization and distribution of workload.