There are newer employer reviews for Imperva

Great, fast-growing security company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Imperva for over six years and I've seen it mature from a start-up to a successful, publicly traded company. Despite this growth, though, Imperva has maintained the same culture and focus that initially drew me to the company.

Pros include:
1. Talented and motivated employees - everyone I work with is great. There's no back-stabbing or office politics.
2. Long term vision - it is more fun to work at a company that meets its numbers quarter after quarter. Imperva's management team has the vision to make sure that we succeed.
3. Reasonable work load - while everyone needs to contribute, Imperva is not a pressure cooker. Employees can maintain work-life balance (if they turn off their smartphones when they leave the office).

Cons

1. Lack of food options in Redwood Shores. I've had enough Specialties for two lifetimes.
2. Rather long commute for me.
3. Very little company gossip. No crazy stories or long-buried secrets.

Stay cool.

reviews filtered by

Growing Market Opportunity, Established Leadership, Competence in the DNA

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at companies with strong management teams, and I've worked at companies that had an exciting and growing market opportunity. At Imperva there is both, which is hard to find. I wake up in the morning wanting to engage in my work, and for the most part like people throughout most parts of the company.

Cons

We work hard here - most weeks I enjoy it - this is not a place to coast or hide out.

As we grow keep holding each team accountable for performance and core competency as has been done in the past - even as the skills mix of leaders may shift to those with experience running larger teams.

Great company, very professional team, yet fun. Excellent culture that promotes-from-within

Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well run, good people, professional management team. The company has a get-things-done culture, focused on performance and a team effort to drive results. I've been promoted internally, and that seems to be a general pattern: if there are good candidates internally, they are given the opportunity to advance their career.

I have worked at large and small companies, and when it comes to Sales, Marketing, Services and R&D, I find NONE of the tensions and rivalries I have experienced at other companies. That is refreshing. People pull together to get things done and solve problems, not point fingers. Also, relatively speaking, I find almost no politics to speak of, which is also a welcome change from other companies.

Cons

Coordination and communication can be challenging with a globally dispersed team, but that seems to work pretty well.

There are newer employer reviews for Imperva