Decent company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Impole

Pros

-Good work environment -Friendly co-worker and management

Cons

-Could be better organized -Could hire more qualified people

Advice to Management

Nothing really

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Couldnt get out of their own way

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Impole full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a job, i did learn a decent amount about how to engage people via the phone. This company is like a cross between inside sales and market research, kind of a strange niche. There are no promotions, you get projects, you do the projects,

Cons

Tiny little company, the true definition of a "mom and pop shop" run by a husband and wife, who can be volatile to one another, and to employees. They want you to live and die for their company, however, you are not compensated in such a fashion.

Advice to Management

sink the ship already

The place for you?

Former Contractor - Sales Intelligence in Waltham, MA
    Former Contractor - Sales Intelligence in Waltham, MA

I worked at Impole as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The owners aren’t evil, they’re just desperate, because they’ve underbid client contracts, failed to invest in infrastructure or employee success, and are juggling dwindling resources. This means that on some fronts they're really very nice; but on others they're kind of nasty.

Cons

Glassdoor originally failed to approve this review. because it was determined not to reflect community guidelines. Admittedly, the tone in the bulleted paragraph is satiric. This time around, I've deleted a couple of the more pointed remarks. But reader -- everything that remains reflects things that really have happened at this company, both to me and to a close colleague. Originally I included "I am a masochist" as one of the bullets. Read the bullets and consider whether you agree that working in a place like this requires a degree of masochism. Impole operates on such a shoestring that equipment is outdated and regularly breaks down. It's routine that both regular and contract employees' pay is distributed weeks behind schedule. Supervision is sometimes entirely absent, and sometimes oppressive. A request for an hour of training on a specific task is something the company (which, after all, hired you) can't waste staff time to provide. In terms of normal business practice, then, Impole represents a kind of rabbit hole: an entry into an alternate reality, So here's the edited version of what I originally wrote: It takes a special person to succeed at Impole. Wondering whether the company is right for you? It may be, if you can answer yes to one or more of the following statements: • I enjoy working with vintage technology – e.g., Windows XP, Office 97 • I don’t care when I get paid, or whether I get paid the right amount • I like having my boss stand over my shoulder for extended periods • I enjoy the challenge of just-in-time management – things like employee development or training are a waste of money • I really, really enjoy contradictory directives – that way, no matter what I do, it’ll be wrong! • I love listening to my bosses have screaming arguments If you fit the above criteria, but don’t have exactly the right skill set for the advertised job, don’t worry! You’ll be assigned whatever needs doing at the moment – and then castigated for not having the background to do it with no training, at assembly-line speed. Seriously, folks, it’s a miracle that Impole is still in business. As I waited weeks for my overdue paychecks, I prayed the company wouldn’t go under before I received them.

Advice to Management

I could go on and on and on, but that would be wasting words. They wouldn't take anyone's advice, anyway.