Excellent technical leadership. Great people.

Current Employee - Software Engineer/Dev Lead  in  Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer/Dev Lead in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Imprev as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

Imprev is probably the most congenial place you could hope to work. From top to bottom the company is filled with good people who cooperate daily to get things done.

My experience is mostly with the software side of the business, which is very well led. Development is "pull" scheduled, and it is uncommon for developers to work overtime. A healthy sized QA team ensures that developers have plenty of support testing releases prior to customer release. The operations side is buttoned up and developers do not have on call rotation.

Cons

Developers must work with a significant legacy code base, although work is in progress to re-platform some parts of the system. The consensus based culture results in a somewhat conservative environment.

Continue allowing the technical team to modernize the system. The business is being held back by decade old code.

Other Reviews for Imprev

A challenging and engaging place to work

Former Employee - Java Developer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Imprev full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, a diverse set of technologies, challenging problems, and a strong desire for process improvement.

The team I was on was always seeking to be more Agile and adaptable. My opinion, and those of everyone else on the team, mattered to management and they would actually act on our advice. Imprev is the type of company where you can be a catalyst for change.

The culture is also a very positive experience. Everyone is friendly and there were plenty of company lunches, events and beer o' clocks.

The management is also easy to talk with. You can walk into the CEO's office and soapbox your new great idea or chat about a frustration you are having. The management also wants to do everything in their ability to make you productive.

Cons

The culture is very interactive and might not fit for someone that is used to working in isolation.

My advice to management is to keep pursuing excellence in engineering and not lose the desire to continually iterate and improve.

An excellent learning environment

Current Employee - Front-End Developer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Front-End Developer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Imprev as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Small, collaboration-minded technology team. Positive atmosphere fosters a community-feel in which I've never feel uncomfortable asking questions or stating my [many] opinions. Have never heard of anyone being forced to work much more than the standard work-week's worth of hours - which lends itself to having a team of happy developers.

Cons

Imprev is a relatively-small company, which means that developers may end up wearing several hats. While this is sometimes good (I'd like to think I like to learn new things), I have found myself in the need of specialists (an in-house designer and UX expert) that Imprev doesn't yet have.

Work hard to keep the great managerial and development talent that you already have!

There are newer employer reviews for Imprev.

Worked for Imprev? Contribute to the Community!