There are newer employer reviews for In-Shape Health Clubs

unless your going to be in management..steer clear

Current Employee - Front Desk
Current Employee - Front Desk

I have been working at In-Shape Health Clubs

Pros

free gym membership, oppurtunities for commision and you can still have a social life.

Cons

minimum wage, no benefits, shifts are limited to 4-5 hours a day, unorganized company

Advice to Management

employees definitely deserve more compensation for the amount of work they are expected to do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fitness Manager

Former Employee - Fitness Manager in Stanislaus, CA
    Former Employee - Fitness Manager in Stanislaus, CA

I worked at In-Shape Health Clubs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The new structure that has been administered with the collaboration between the Fitness (Personal Training) department and the rest of the IS staff has been a great experience since the prior structure was of 2 different teams. Which was at time difficult to keep the accountability of staff when conducting policy that would be the lifeline of FM roles, which are to acquire new PT members.
      Now it is much better and even more so as the unity of the IS staff has come together it is seemingly only getting better for both the staff and the members both alike.

Cons

Upper level management tend to have too much of a work load, and often Regional FM's have too many clubs they are to facilitate. Leading to the problem which seemed to be across the field which was to be able to be present enough at each location in order to adhere to what would be in the best interest of the IS Company's Interests if more time was available for RFM's to be at all of their clubs. Whether more Regional Fitness Managers (RFM) were to take smaller region's, opening up for more RFM positions or some other way to allow for RFM to play at times a much bigger part in facilitating gym's needs, rather than turning the position into a more corporate position where by most of the job requirement end up leading to being on the computer most of the time. .

Advice to Management

As previously stated in the "Cons" section listed above, allowing for more daily function for the RFM to perform their job duties when required of them. Allowing for their faces to simply be seen in the Fitness Facilities that they are to over see a whole lot more would be highly more productive from an employee stand point. With the understanding that from a financial stand point, that may not be something they find worthy of, seeming they are corporate and do not see the day to day handling of the clubs from the same perspective.

Front Desk Lead

Current Employee - Front Desk Lead in Vacaville, CA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Lead in Vacaville, CA

I have been working at In-Shape Health Clubs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free membership, 20% discount, if in management positions you get healthcare, dental, and vision benefits offered to you. You can move up if you have enough initiative and they provide training programs for personal trainers and sales.

Cons

Moving up can take a while sometimes. Also your experience with management can be good or bad depending on who you have. I've been fortunate enough that at my current club all my managers are great! Pay starts low at minimum wage for front desk, kids club, and housekeeping. As a lead right now we're only a dollar above minimum wage and when the minimum wage raises we'll be at the same pay. I do hope they will raise the pay soon for leads otherwise it won't be worth doing that extra work and management just to get the same pay as if we just started.

Advice to Management

Please raise the pay for your leads.