InComm

There are newer employer reviews for InComm

Amazing Internship Experience!

Former Employee - Network Engineer Intern in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Network Engineer Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I had a very good experience working with Incomm:

Got a lot of hands on experience in networking. Also expanded my horizon beyond routers and switches and into firewalls, load balancers, Wireless Access points, Wireless controllers etc. I also moved from a limited and specific knowledge of CISCO to being more vendor neutral.

I got to learn a lot from my team members who were very helpful with everything that needed to be done. I know a lot of interns at other companies who do not get do "Real stuff", but at Incomm, I was always helping my colleagues with real work. Even as an intern, I was made to feel that my work mattered.

I could always approach my boss or my teammates for any guidance or advice that I needed.
The workload was good and challenging, and the best part was that my team was always there to help me whenever I needed them.

My manager and my team were very understanding and accommodating of the fact that I was taking classes at the same time that I was working. So when there were times that I would get really busy with labs, they would adjust my schedule accordingly.

The company is making a lot of advances with new systems and technology so that they become even more efficient than they already are.

Overall, it was a great experience!

Cons

There are no cons of Incomm that come to my mind.

You guys are doing an amazing job at keeping Incomm running the way it is. Keep it up!

85 Other Employee Reviews for InComm (View Most Recent)

Challenging, Mercurial, and Forward Moving

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Definite commitment to advancing the technologies used in creating software solutions (on the cutting edge in many areas).
    -Renewed commitment to standardization in IT practices, but not in a way that stymies innovation.
    -New Senior management has started within the last 6 months and has made it clear that they want to make previous assessments of Incomm's IT reputation a thing of the past (and has shown tangible progress in that regard).
    -Strong virtualization presence.
    -Development teams are committed to modern methodologies.
    -Technical managers are top-notch.
    -There are very clear "rock-star" role model employees throughout the enterprise.
    -It's almost impossible NOT to grow in business and technical acumen while at Incomm.
    -Good employees advance through the ranks relatively quickly.

Cons

-Hard to see the overall strategic landscape from the operational level.
    -Some teams lack discipline and work ethic (there have been tangible improvements in the last few months under new management).
    -Business/IT relationship can be challenging.
    -Priorities change regularly to respond to business needs.
    -Issue escalation processes are not well defined or followed (also improving under new management).

The strategic picture has been pretty hard to divine at the engineering/operational level in the last year or so. I feel that the higher level managers have spent too much time interested in tactical/operational tasks instead of investing their time in strategic initiatives and communication of that vision. Furthermore I hope to see those who should be more invested in the tactical/operational layers empowered to execute on senior management's strategic vision.

Great people and cool technology

Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People, Office, Location, Technology, Benefits

Cons

Parking, Was experiencing some growing pains, but this was several years ago.

There are newer employer reviews for InComm