InComm

www.incomm.com
  www.incomm.com
There are newer employer reviews for InComm

Decent job if you want to do nothing all day and work with mediocre engineers.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good perks like paying for transportation, parking and gym. Regular lunches now and then. Worked alongside marketing so was given a Mac and not a Windows computer. Some of your coworkers are real gems. Working from home was an option.

Big building so lots of bathrooms and break rooms to hide out in if you get really bored (which you often do). You're in downtown Atlanta so there are a lot of food options.

This is a great job if you're a hot shot programmer looking to hide out, do nothing, read programming books and better than average salary in the Atlanta area.

Flexible schedule. I would come in anywhere from 1030 to 1130 take a lunch at 1230 to 130 or 2 and leave around 430 and finish anything I needed to at home. However, there was never anything to finish at home because the work was so easy.

There was an iOS team that some of my friends worked on and they had some really smart programmers on that team.

Cons

Management has no clue what they are doing. So scattered and disorganized. A lot of the engineers who were working here full time had no idea what they were doing, taking them weeks to finish a trivial task. I felt like I was a babysitter at times and less of an engineer. I would finish my programming tasks within a few hours because they were so easy. People would come and go a lot.

We had to work on the 3rd floor which felt like a basement at times.

Despite being a Senior Software Engineer they brought in a bunch of help to do other things and these programmers were not very good. Often times messing things up and you were seldom on the same page.

You often have no clue what you're doing or who you're waiting on. Despite them having some sort of scrum, no one has a clue.

I would consistently finish my work early and would often have nothing to do so I would wander around the building for hours and not do much or read a programming a book. Sometimes I would take 2 hour lunch breaks because there just wasn't any work for me to do. I think I spent a few weeks reading programming books and trying out new things while on the job because I just had nothing to do.

I don't even know where the issues lie honestly. It's definitely a mess, feels like there is some sort of power struggle between different branches of management and confusion over responsibilities.

InComm Response

Jun 20, 2014Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner

There is no doubt that we have challenges. The way I see it: If you are not part of the solution, then you must be part of the problem. I believe that every challenging situation is also a good ... More

82 Other Employee Reviews for InComm (View Most Recent)

Manager

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at InComm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for if you love challenges

Cons

no comments at this time.

InComm Response

Jun 20, 2014Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner

Yes we do have challenges which can make for some interesting work opportunities. We need serious people, working together to solve these challenging problems. Who is ready?

Dishonest and Unprofessional

I worked at InComm full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There was not one good thing resulting from working at this company.

Cons

Complete disorder, unrealistic expectations, dishonest and untrustworthy management. Rude manager who lacks professionalism which is accepted by the executive team with no consequence. Huge amount of turnover with staff.

Honesty is the best policy and treat people with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for InComm