Unsatisfied

I have been working at InComm

Pros

Great team I work with with nice supervisor and manager

Cons

Senior management sucks and don't care for employees. They leave it up to HR to determine what the salary specs should be for employees who are overworked and underpaid. Constantly threatened about getting terminated for the least mishap.

Advice to Management

DO BETTER!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good company with many grouches and Incompetent Decision makers in the mix

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Better than average compensation, great locations, Excellent work-life balance

Cons

many clueless Upper managers (Directors and VPs) many employees who need babysitting

Advice to Management

This is more for current and former employees who have been or were with the company for several years.

I find it funny when people say “This company is horrible, I have been working here for more than 5 … years” what does that say about you? If the company is horrible, free yourself and go somewhere else. The fact of the matter is, not all companies are Google. You are hired at will, which means that you can leave at any time for any reason. I have worked for several companies, like most people but every company that I worked for has some things that I liked and others that I hated. My biggest complaint about InComm, like many people here, is that most of the people in upper management have no idea of what is actually happening in the trenches.

I remember a situation where I copied the wrong distribution list in an email that was going out to a business partner. That Distro list included some VPs and Directors. I immediately sent them a disregard email but they all jumped on the email and started discussing its content. Their final settlement was that my request to the partner was not something that could be done. They sent an email to myself and to my direct managers advising me that the email should have not been sent out and that the request in it could not be processed. My response was: “we have been doing this for years and please see below the response from the partner confirming that the issue has been taken care of”. I never heard a word back from anyone.

My Experience with InComm has been mostly positive and my family and I are being afforded a comfortable living, with a wonderful work life balance. When that changes, I will quit and find something else. What will never happen is me saying “This company is horrible, I have been working here for more than 5 … years” man up or woman up and move on.

My direct managers and my coworkers are great. The education level of some of the people reporting to me makes my job sometimes challenging but I still love coming to work every day.

Please! Stop whining!

Directors, VPs, get to know your employees a little better. In the process, you will understand your company and your job, hopefully.

Department managers, stop the finger pointing.....you are all working for the same company

Keep looking

Former Employee - IT Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InComm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are few here with the skills to identify real talent. If you are incompetent and have exhausted all other options, you have a good shot and you will fit in just fine. Just keep your head down and their inability to manage will keep those checks rolling in.

Cons

I.T. is a meat grinder, void of leadership. Their awful reputation is accurate, especially on the infrastructure side of the house where you will be berated if the fragile sr mgmt ego gets bruised. You will be expected to blindly follow the crackpot plans to fix the ever shifting priorities of the hour and then you will be held accountable for their poor choices. You will come home and kick your dog. It just simply is not worth it.

Advice to Management

Try a different career. Look for something that does not involve leadership, ethics or strategy.