There are newer employer reviews for InComm

Offers Great opportunity to learn but low salary

I worked at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offers a lot of opportunities to learn
Uses agile methodologies
quite a few employees are highly skilled and experienced
Use of latest technologies

Cons

Low Salary as compared to market rate

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Learned a lot during my time here and still doing..

I have been working at InComm full-time

Pros

Good Salary and benefits, two office locations is a plus

Cons

Well many.. its a growing company.. its is getting better under new CTO Bruce Brown... but the upper management needs to pay more attention on their direct reports.. bonus should be given.. considering companys profit and turnovers..

Advice to Management

try to analyse and understand people under you, they are way more technical and productive than what you are thinking..

Terminus

Current Employee - Anchor In Fiefdom in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anchor In Fiefdom in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InComm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Convenient location. Paid Parking. Gym. Grandiose titles to adorn business cards. Free business cards.

Cons

Regardless of your position, you will work in a chaotic frenzy and feel incredibly unaccomplished while you toil away at the stream of insolent "busy-work" while blindly sticking ineffective virtual duct-tape into a raging storm of fire rather than formulating effective solutions (*because that costs money, ya'll)...or you will completely give up and stare blankly into your computer screen wishing it would all just go away.

For such a wealthy company, we sure do shortchange the most important sectors by limiting essential resources. If A equals the equipment and personnel required to do B, then C equals monetary gain. Math. Science.

Unfortunately, if you want to work for a company that doesn't read like a sardonic "Dilbert" comic strip, then keep on moving because this place is as cliche as all get out. I can legitimately list one director and one VP among the herd that can understand basic/fundamental mathematics while offering perfunctory tidbits of leadership and such, however, for the most part - the 80/20 rule is applicable with incompetence stemming from upper and middle management. This company is grandiose in offering a bevy of elaborate titles for those wishing to adorn their business cards with (*which may be deemed a "pro" if the weight matched thusly).

For the few (*you know who you are) who are in the trenches, who give up their free-time, who achieve zero work/life balance, who pivot and joust, who create on demand, who fall on grenades, and who without fail come into the office and decidedly choose to shake off the jaded and entitled layers in order to stop the levy from collapsing - you deserve at the very least a raise. A LARGE RAISE. Something substantial. Something to quell the internal pangs of hunger during the oftentimes missed lunches (*and dinners).

You deserve an HR Department that doesn't limit salary increases BECAUSE you are an internal candidate and they can only offer a paltry 3-10% if even that. (*title changes and internal movement within the company)

It's odd to me that we would celebrate the hiring of complete strangers over someone internal. It's as if we are all in on the great "SECRET" of the chaos and a chaste newbie unfettered by this mess can be thrown into the machine and churned out once broken and used.

Solace can be found here. There is hope. It does require a hefty dose of (*dark) humor and a penchant for working through the inept to find the gems.

Advice to Management

1. Cut the fat. Why do we have so many ineffective Middle Managers?
    2. Find the talented gems. Keep them. Pay them their worth.
    3. Fire everyone in HR. They are completely inadequate and useless.
    4. Fund the important essential elements: IT resources (increase servers and thus bandwidth to improve company-wide performance for overly funded program "faces"), Sales (restructure and reallocate resources based on team annual growth), Accounts Payable (*Get rid of - cut the fat), Accounts Receivables (*Pay them more and have them take over AP), Contracts Team (*Expand and Pay more), Channel Solutions (*Hire more people BEFORE the good ones leave), Executive VP - (*Show your face to us regular folks - if we didn't exist, then neither would you and your multi-leveled vacation homes. Get rid of the Mezz level. Bring everyone to swim on the 5th floor Mad Max style. Just a thought).