InMotion Hosting

www.inmotionhosting.com
  www.inmotionhosting.com
There are newer employer reviews for InMotion Hosting

Overall, it's a great experience.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at InMotion Hosting

Pros

There's lots of opportunity to grow and there's always something new to learn. There's a great team environment with someone always willing to help.

Cons

It can get pretty hectic and stressful. A large chunk of what we do can be repetitive and even boring at times.

I wish there were more recognition for the things done in the department, but overall, I think they do well and work hard to keep things together and moving forward.

18 Other Employee Reviews for InMotion Hosting (View Most Recent)

InMotion Hosting - to work or not to work, that is the question.

Former Employee - Tier I Support Representative  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Tier I Support Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at InMotion Hosting

Pros

Wiki providing knowledge on how to handle Tier II and System Admin positions available for everyone. It's still very small as well which is nice. Free lunch Tuesdays and free food when everyone gets overwhelmed with work on other days. Ability to customize your computer layout however you'd like or even use Linux instead of Windows.

Cons

They do not pay very well compared to similar, less stressful jobs. Because they are small, there is a lot for everyone to handle. A lot of problems with their interface and hosting that cause repetitive calls from customers that can easily be fixed. However, they refuse to focus on those issues and instead add other things that cause even more problems. Thirty minute lunches don't give enough time to relax from the stressful environment or even properly eat your food. You have to wait till you obtain Tier II for an hour lunch.

If you want to keep your employees happy, please pay them a little more. Also, you may want to focus more on employee health as it's a very unhealthy environment. Bonuses for going to the gym? Try and get employees to go for walks on breaks.

Great company culture, but workload is extremely stressful.

I worked at InMotion Hosting for less than a year

Pros

Casual dress, company culture, flexible hours, free lunch Tuesdays, stocked pantry, bonuses are real if you can hit the goals or get lucky in the monthly drawing.

Cons

Working in the tech support department is very stressful. I often found myself in one of the following situations: a) dealing with a flood of contacts during a server outage or hacker attack, b) stuck on the phone or chat with a customer who either had a complex problem that can't be solved in 5 minutes or wanted more help than most people, thereby reducing my Contacts Per Hour rating. I've worked in retail and tech support for a while, so I understand that there are many customers who really do waste your time and expect you to do every little thing for them instead of learning how to use the product they purchased, and that quota for contacts is meant to ensure productivity. However, I also feel that when you have customers with legitimate problems or are a bit overwhelmed as beginners, a mentality develops where you simply give the customer a bunch of knowledge base articles and then try to end the contact ASAP as you nervously watch the clock, wondering how badly this long call or chat is going to affect your numbers, and how you're going to try to catch up. Sure, you could multi-task and go through the e-mail queue, but often when you're on a long call or chat your undivided attention is required

In addition, it took me about a month or so to get to know the guy sitting next to me due to the need to maintain a quota for contacts per hour. I know that socializing in the workplace isn't a priority, but we both thought it was a bit much.

I understand the need for the contact quota, but just remember how stressful it is to the staff, and also how it affects interactions with customers.

There are newer employer reviews for InMotion Hosting

Worked for InMotion Hosting? Contribute to the Community!