InMotion Hosting
www.inmotionhosting.com Los Angeles, CA 150 to 499 Employees

InMotion Hosting - to work or not to work, that is the question.

Tier I Support Representative (Former Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at InMotion Hosting

ProsWiki providing knowledge on how to handle Tier II and System Admin positions available for everyone. It's still very small as well which is nice. Free lunch Tuesdays and free food when everyone gets overwhelmed with work on other days. Ability to customize your computer layout however you'd like or even use Linux instead of Windows.

ConsThey do not pay very well compared to similar, less stressful jobs. Because they are small, there is a lot for everyone to handle. A lot of problems with their interface and hosting that cause repetitive calls from customers that can easily be fixed. However, they refuse to focus on those issues and instead add other things that cause even more problems. Thirty minute lunches don't give enough time to relax from the stressful environment or even properly eat your food. You have to wait till you obtain Tier II for an hour lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep your employees happy, please pay them a little more. Also, you may want to focus more on employee health as it's a very unhealthy environment. Bonuses for going to the gym? Try and get employees to go for walks on breaks.

Great company culture, but workload is extremely stressful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at InMotion Hosting for less than a year

Pros: Casual dress, company culture, flexible hours, free lunch Tuesdays, stocked pantry, bonuses are… Cons: Working in the tech support department is very stressful. I often found myself in one of the following situations: a) dealing with a… Advice to Senior Management: I understand the need for the contact quota, but just remember how stressful… More

Good, and Bad

Tier I Advanced Technical Representative (Former Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at InMotion Hosting full-time for less than a year

Pros: Though my time with the company was short, it was definitely a positive experience. I learned a lot for the most part and found that… Cons: There's a lot of power-playing and it should be addressed (at least there was when I worked there). The overall morale of the floor can… Advice to Senior Management: Try to not be so sensitive when someone does something to attempt to show you something that could be a potential problem... if they approach… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on InMotion Hosting.

Worked for InMotion Hosting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InMotion Hosting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InMotion Hosting CEO Todd Robinson. All reviews posted anonymously by InMotion Hosting employees.