Indeed
www.indeed.com Austin, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Great people, good product, okay leadership.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT

ProsYoung group of people that work hard and play hard. Most are friends that hang out after work and on weekends. Feeling of being part of growing something. Product overall is good, very innovative, works well.

ConsShort-sighted management, with strict call and activity metrics on salespeople. They take a robotic approach to selling, very scripted, very methodical... and don't allow sales people to be creative or 'go out of the box' to sell and win deals. People will make calls, just to make their call quota for the day/week... for fear of being put on a performance plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand the company needs to grow after the recent acquisition and must keep close restriction on sales people's activity, but allow them to be creative, and do whatever is necessary to close deals. Make it about sales performance, not call numbers.

Excellent and very practical internship program

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Indeed as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Start working quickly - most interns deployed code in the first week Intern projects have front-facing impact and real-world business value Chill, laid-back… Cons: Interns are self-employed independent contractors (may change for summer 2013) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great work environment

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Indeed as an intern for less than a year

Pros: People are very cool and helpful. A lot of opportunities… Cons: If you are young and you think you need to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Indeed.

Worked for Indeed? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Indeed reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Indeed CEO Hisayuki Idekoba. All reviews posted anonymously by Indeed employees.