great place to work

Former Intern - Sales Intern in San Mateo, CA
Former Intern - Sales Intern in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Indeed as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

the company environment in this awesome is very open and supportive. happy hours, fully stocked kitchen, and regular company outings

Cons

the crm is out of date

Other Employee Reviews for Indeed

Great product, great peers, horrible sales leadership

I worked at Indeed full-time

Pros

Indeed has an amazing product and some of the smartest engineers working on improving it. My co-workers we extremely hard working, dedicated and smart.

Cons

NOTE:When you look at Indeed reviews, make sure you are comparing to the specific position and office you are applying for. A sales position is a way different environment than client services, product, engineering, etc. Sales reps at Indeed do not have a long shelf life. Look on LinkedIn and see how many sales reps lasted less than a year and how many have been there for 2+ years. The retention rates are low for a reason. Sales reps are expected to make 60 calls every single day. It doesn't matter how much business you are bringing in, or how long you have spent on the phone that day. Emails do not count as a contact either. This isn't 1992. Glengarry Glen Ross techniques don't pay off. Emails are effective, but leadership doesn't care to understand that. Indeed longest running rep, that is a superstar, closes most of his business via email (introduction, not actual close) and they still don't want to hear it. How serious am I about the 60 calls a day? I know reps that have been fired for lack of call volume even though they exceeded quota. Sounds like a joke, but it's not. Since they went to territories, it has become more difficult to find leads. Most reps struggle calling the same tired leads day in and day out. Prospects get annoyed when the are called every day. There is money to be made here, but an individual sales rep cannot survive long term, especially those starting now. Even the sales directors don't last here. When I say good, I mean sales directors that work with there reps to hit quotas and improve themselves professionally. Directors that do well are stat checkers. I can't really comment on Sr. Directors as they weeded some of the worst ones pretty recently. The guys that are left seem to be ok, but I can't comment from first hand experience. I can't say enough good things about other functions of Indeed. The product is great, the people are great, the engineers are super smart... unfortunately there it's a different world for the sales people.

Advice to Management

You can build a successful company and treat people like humans. Sales directors need to act like leaders and not scared stat checkers passing blame down to their reps. Be accountable and try and help your reps grow and hit their quotas.

A Fine Sales Job

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Indeed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fun environment, good parties. Product works well and customers are generally satisfied. Good tech team and client support team.

Cons

Poor senior leadership, poor training, terrible internal systems, leads are impossible to chase, unfair business rules of engagement on leads, high turn over, too many of the early employees in senior level roles that are great sales people but poor managers.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the structure of the business