Independence Blue Cross
www.ibx.com Philadelphia, PA 5000+ Employees

Good company culture and social programs but mediocre benefits.

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Independence Blue Cross full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNot the typical cut throat environment that you might find at other big companies. The social outreach programs are some of the best that I've seen and most of the people I have worked with are generally pleasant.

ConsPay is below what the competition offers and benefits are expensive considering they offer them to clients for much less. Internal promotion isn't offered to associates as much as it is to outside candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementStill waiting for more fair pay and internal movement for high performing associates.

Improving...

I have been working at Independence Blue Cross full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: decent medical benefits onsite college tuition assistance pension plan 401k Cons: slow to change not dynamic difficult to move up Advice to Senior Management: groom younger talent and give them management roles Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to start!

Actuarial Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Independence Blue Cross full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good work life benefit. Good student program Cons: Salary is a little low for other health actuarial positions More

There are newer reviews on Independence Blue Cross.

Worked for Independence Blue Cross? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Independence Blue Cross reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Independence Blue Cross CEO Daniel Hilferty. All reviews posted anonymously by Independence Blue Cross employees.