Indian River State College

Professor

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Fort Pierce, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Fort Pierce, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College

Pros

Great place to work. Flexible hours and great pay. Very rewarding and understanding co-workers. Tremendous opportunity for growth.

Cons

Avoid the office politics. Be ready to work hard with high course loads and be willing to travel. Short notice in change or addition of classes. Bad schedules sometimes depending on the semester. Very formal environment for a college.

Be fair when reviewing individuals.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Indian River State College (View Most Recent)

It is adequate

Current Employee - Instructor
    Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Indian River State College

Pros

status of working at a college

Cons

pay is very low and not negotiable

No advice for the management

Rewarding, stress-free part-time academic job.

Current Employee - Academic Support Center Adjunct Instructor in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Academic Support Center Adjunct Instructor in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Indian River State College part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I 'm an adjunct instructor employed in the Academic Support Center at Indian River State College. I work on the Mueller (Vero Beach) campus which is 5 minutes from my home. Very chill environment in the Academic Support Center (like "Cheers" without the beer). Appreciative and accommodating ASC manager who really tries to utilize each instructor's particular talents. I go home with a good feeling at the end of the day knowing I've helped quell a student's academic confusion or anxiety.

Cons

Twenty hour a week maximum for adjuncts. No discount for classes. Tech issues with lab's computers are not always resolved in a timely manner.

Need a uniform training protocol for dress code, cell phone use, advising students, administering/grading remedial student prescriptions, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Indian River State College