There are newer employer reviews for Indiana State University

Great place to work and be able to do homework.

Former Employee - Information Desk Assistant  in  Terre Haute, IN
Former Employee - Information Desk Assistant in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Indiana State University part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having a student job is really convenient since you never have scheduling conflicts with classes and you can do homework while you work at many jobs.

Cons

Indiana State doesn't pay their full time staff very well or give them the credit they deserve so it can make the working environment unpleasant sometimes. You can have some unhappy people in the departments and they often will blame you for everything when something happens.

Keep up the good work! I loved my manager. She was the sweetest and nicest person ever.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Indiana State University (View Most Recent)

Student Employee

Current Employee - Student Employee  in  Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Student Employee in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Indiana State University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work place, had a very easy going attitude and worked with my schedule.

Cons

Very few problems with this job.

Be willing to hire some of us recent grads!

Moving forward

Former Employee - Graduate Assistant  in  Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Graduate Assistant in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Indiana State University part-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of action towards improving processes and making things easier for students/improving student experience and making things easier for customers overall. Management was fair and provided a lot of opportunities for learning and growth. I saw numerous changes for the better in the short 2 years I was there as a student employee.

Cons

Time not always used effectively; employees gossiping a lot about one another; bureaucratic processes make a lot of hoops to jump through to get things approved; different offices do not understand how the others work, therefore a lot of customers are transferred over and over to different offices without getting their simple problems solved, creating decreased efficiency.

There are newer employer reviews for Indiana State University

Worked for Indiana State University? Contribute to the Community!