Indiana University Health
www.iuhealth.org Indianapolis, IN 150 to 499 Employees

No longer your small community hospital.

Muncie, IN

ProsSalary is in line with the industry. Flexible hours. Decent benefits.

ConsAs small hospitals are "taken over", there seems to be a "play nice" period followed by a slow but sure termination of experienced staff with the explanation being "you are not the best person to take us in the direction we want to go" and new staff with less experience is brought in. Staff and physicians are treated with a total lack of dignity and respect in spite of years of loyalty and dedication to patient care. Money is now the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that although you own these hospitals, they are still very much integrated in small communities where everyone knows everyone. When current staff is treated poorly, it filters into the community. Respect and utilize the knowledge and ability of long term employees instead of terminating them. It's possible to bring them on board with change, but only if they are treated with the respect they deserve. Healthcare involves caring for people and that should include employees.

Great Company!

Security Officer (Current Employee)
    La Porte, IN

I have been working at Indiana University Health part-time

Pros: This is a great organization to work for from what I have seen. They really… Cons: There is a lot of corporate things you have to do that come with the job. These consist of quizzing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Established and respected healthcare provider growing rapidly.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Indiana University Health full-time for more than a year

Pros: Large diverse workforce. Large network Many career opportunities Cons: changes being made to assure corporate branding initiatives Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Indiana University Health.

Worked for Indiana University Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Indiana University Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Indiana University Health CEO Daniel F. Evans, Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Indiana University Health employees.