Indiana University of Pennsylvania

www.iup.edu
  www.iup.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Indiana University of Pennsylvania

It was an interesting and fulfilling experience.

Current Employee - Graduate Assistant
Current Employee - Graduate Assistant

I have been working at Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Pros

You learn how to work with a variety of population of students and learn many different things from faculty to be able to apply to your own career.

Cons

As a student worker, there has to be funds to get paid. If there are no funds, you don't have a job.

I would say ask more opinions of students when making big decisions about the campus. For example, new buildings and such.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Indiana University of Pennsylvania (View Most Recent)

It has been a great place to work.

Current Employee - Professor
    Current Employee - Professor

I have been working at Indiana University of Pennsylvania

Pros

Flexibility of schedules in all areas.

Cons

The weather is quite awful in the winter.

Build morale.

Great place to work while attending school.

Current Employee - Student Worker - IUP in Indiana, PA
    Current Employee - Student Worker - IUP in Indiana, PA

I have been working at Indiana University of Pennsylvania part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked in several offices around campus, all of my experiences have been overwhelmingly positive.
    -Flexible schedule (you often set your own hours).
    -Willing to work with you if you have tests or papers due and are overwhelmed.
    -Gain experience working with the public, most students staff front desks and answer phones.
    -Often get to interact with professors and other influential people on campus, you get to know them pretty well.
    -The connections you make are often beneficial in job searching after graduation.
    -Great way to get references.
    -I have made many lasting friendships through working on campus with fellow student employees.
    -Most supervisors have at least a bachelor's degree and understand the stresses of balancing education and employment.

Cons

It's very difficult to obtain a job here if you are not eligible to be paid with Federal Work Study funds. If you aren't a FWS student your hours are sometimes limited due to budgetary constraints.

There are newer employer reviews for Indiana University of Pennsylvania