There are newer employer reviews for Indiana Wesleyan

Indiana Wesleyan University is a wonderful place to work

Current Employee - Student Assistant
Current Employee - Student Assistant

I have been working at Indiana Wesleyan

Pros

It is a Christ centered community and people are positive and loving as opposed to cutthroat and rude. It is clear that God is the cornerstone of what we do.

Cons

There aren't a lot of cons about working for this university. I enjoy

One thing that I would say is that there is a level of professionalism that could be more prevalent.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Indiana Wesleyan (View Most Recent)

The people make the difference.

I have been working at Indiana Wesleyan

Pros

I worked on campus in the Marion, IN location. The close-knit community is so ideal - and being able to hop over to the coffee shop for a quick breather was a huge bonus. My coworkers were wonderful... it's a nice-people atmosphere and working with students is rewarding the majority of the time. No one's perfect, there are always going to be grumps wherever you go. :)

Cons

Communication within the university is lacking. Many recent personnel changes at "higher" levels and shifting office locations... decisions were made without much prior explanation - frustrating to be on the receiving end of it all.

Great school to work for!

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Recruitment
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Recruitment

I worked at Indiana Wesleyan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Christian values held strongly across the university, appreciates life-work balance. Great benefits, including wellness benefit for you and spouse.

Cons

Traditional campus focus, so working in the adult side can be a bit dis-heartening. Regional sites in other locations and sites don't receive as much attention as main campus. Quick to change little things, hard to change big policies.

Listen to students and staff and seriously consider putting into effect student-friendly policies and things that will help the University (even if there is an upfront cost in the beginning).

There are newer employer reviews for Indiana Wesleyan