Very positive

Former Contractor - Seasonal Customer Service in Kitchener, ON (Canada)
Former Contractor - Seasonal Customer Service in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I worked at Indigo Books & Music as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff were friendly and helpful. I was a Seasonal Employee but they made me feel welcome and were very helpful when I needed it . It was at Christmas time and very busy but super friendly and staff. Enjoyed working with the customers

Cons

Seasonal is a short time frame

Other Employee Reviews for Indigo Books & Music

1. I was hired as a seasonal worker, so my contract is over now but I hope they call me back because I loved working there!

Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Indigo Books & Music part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers A little over average retail pay Free books!

Cons

Oddly strong focus on plum rewards, rather than books Short breaks (15 minutes if you work under 6 hours)

Advice to Management

Better training.

Chaotic!

Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Saint John's, NL (Canada)

I worked at Indigo Books & Music full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My Manager was awesome. That is all.

Cons

Chaos, lack of communication between office and store. There is a definite lack of communication between head office and the store when it comes to amount of product needed. Head office orders far too much product for the amount of space the store has. There isn't even room to sit down or hang up your coat in the back room.

Advice to Management