Individual Advocacy Group

Terrible

Former Employee - Direct Service Professional in Romeoville, IL
Former Employee - Direct Service Professional in Romeoville, IL

I worked at Individual Advocacy Group

Pros

Hours-if you get a day shift
Ability to help people with special needs

Cons

Lack of management
Horrible pay and benifits
Fired half of my training class within the first week
They will fire you for the smallest thing
5 pto days/year this includes vacation and sick time

Hire qualified people
Stop firing people because you don't like their personality

12 Other Employee Reviews for Individual Advocacy Group (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - DSP in East Moline, IL
    Current Employee - DSP in East Moline, IL

I have been working at Individual Advocacy Group

Pros

I love working with the individuals. The individuals make my job so rewarding. The staff I work with are great team players. Management is supportive of our teams. The pay is great, higher than other agencies and the paid time off is great (4 weeks after 4 years). My supervisor is supportive in my professional growth by assigning me additional things to do and gives me the training I need to do my job.

Cons

No cons- individuals truly depend on you to be there for them. Some parents can be challenging to work with.

Continue incentives of gift cards and tokens of appreciation.

Mass Chaos!

Current Employee - House Manager in Romeoville, IL
    Current Employee - House Manager in Romeoville, IL

I have been working at Individual Advocacy Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees band together to support each other because they all know how bad it is here!

Cons

The woman who is the head of this organization is mean, insulting, and just plain shady in her business practices--and it trickles down to the people working below her. She has no problem exploiting the individuals that she is supposed to care about to make money off of them, particularly by not providing the appropriate staff to take care of them. One of these days, this agency is going to get sued because this woman uses profanity at people, calls them names, denies them their benefits, and loves to embarrass people in front of a large group. The administrators are afraid of her and won't stick up for their own staff because she will in turn threaten to fire or demote them. DSPs work in unsafe conditions (with clients that can hurt us) so that she can save money and then hire a new administrator to pay six figures so that they can tell her how great she is. Nobody gets a raise and time off is denied or they make you feel bad about using it. The administration doesn't care if you have a family or a personal life. You must put her company first! Staff go to work with stress induced headaches, stomach aches and illnesses because they are so afraid. The head of this organization never says a kind word about anyone doing a good job or having a good idea. If someone does have a good idea, she (the owner) will take credit for it. She might have a party for staff but then we have to bring our own food and listen to her talk about herself for an hour.

Get a new CEO!!

Lose all of the administrators (regional directors) and let the front line staff have a say in how things get done.

There are newer employer reviews for Individual Advocacy Group