Infineum
www.infineum.com Abingdon, United Kingdom 500 to 999 Employees

Best Retirement Home Ever!

Operations Assistant (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

ProsIt is a boon for those who resist changes, who do not want to be outstanding, love office politics. And those who are already retiring, since wages (except CPF contributions) do not change as you age. In case under the modular skill systems, you get into better wage bands as you move around different departments to gain more skills.

ConsIf you don't know how to play office politics, you're a goner. The first few lessons that I have learned is this "Take care of yourself first, don't bother helping others", "Don't change anything, know what the customer want".

Whilst the company has received multiple WSH awards, the Health part is misleading, since the canteen does not fall under Infineum but Exxonmobil. Catering always get the order wrong, unhygienic food, complains goes unheeded.

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. Xavier, I do have a headache working in your plant. (Response to your 2012 January question)

Feed back from the old timers, it's better to have an "Ang Moh" (Caucasian) in charge.

Good company to have on your resume

Chemical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee)

I worked at Infineum as an intern for less than a year

Pros: A lot of exposure to different aspects of the company… Cons: You might get stuck with projects that are useless in terms of gaining valuable experience, matter… More

Pleasant company

Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Infineum

Pros: Global, mid size scale allows you to work on different things if… Cons: Small size and long tenure of existing people can limit/slow opportunities for progression. Cost containment is becoming… Advice to Senior Management: You're doing most of the right things, hearts are in the right place, and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Infineum.

Worked for Infineum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Infineum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Infineum CEO Xavier le Mintier. All reviews posted anonymously by Infineum employees.