Infinite Computing Systems

www.infinite-usa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Infinite Computing Systems

satisfactory

I have been working at Infinite Computing Systems

Pros

flexibility to work for different clients

Cons

low salary than the market average

match the market salary

22 Other Employee Reviews for Infinite Computing Systems (View Most Recent)

Committed Startup! But Autonomy missing in each department

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Infinite Computing Systems

Pros

Place not just teaches you your work but gives you enough experience in facing challenges that a startup faces.
    Offers complete transparency to make you aware of all happenings within organization across departments (For me that sometimes is a negative factor as well).
     In terms of knowledge, great amount of flexibility is offered to implement your own ideas and apply your own intellect. For me that is an asset at ICS, something which clearly misses in all big organization.
    Work is recognized quickly and it does not take long to be part of board room meetings. It just not possible at bigger organizations.

It's easy to climb ladders here.

Cons

Processes not defined clearly, even though company is ISO certified and soon will be CMMI certified but they just seems to be on papers for now.
    Meeting deadlines at cost of not keeping records can cost you dearly while working on big projects.
    Another downside is resource allocation, Buffer resource allocation is worst I have seen ever in my professional career. Management reaction is like an earthquake when you leave or apply for a vacation.

Brand Infinite Missing. Marketing is an area which does not seems to be working. Either team does not exist or somehow they are in tizzy what to market and what specialization trumpet they should blow.(Should it be .NET, PHP , J2ee, Mainframe?). They are blowing everything for now.

But then these things might automatically move away as Infinite matures and becomes capable of handling large enterprise level projects.

Autonomy is clearly missing. It's an organization and not a small shop of furntiture where only owner keeps the charge of everthing. Each department has designated job to do and let them do that. Give that autonomy to them.

Stakeholders should really think about only business and nothing else. More they get into day to day affairs of the organization, more it shows that they do not have anything constructive to do.

Infinite is an organization make it appear like one. Do not make it appear like a shop

Extremely high pace growth for people who are charged and enjoy taking ownership

Current Employee - Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Infinite Computing Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. Sky rocketing growth if you love working on high end technical stuff.
    2. Enjoy taking ownership of work.
    3. Culture - Bring your own ideas and succeed.
    4. Management that listens.
    5. Young energetic colleagues

Cons

1. Variable nature of projects makes it difficult to set focus areas.
    2. Focus only on US Market, and not other emerging markets.

Company has done well with delivery. It has 0% project failure till date. But my advice to the management of Infinite is to box our solutions in a way that helps us to target a selective market.

There are newer employer reviews for Infinite Computing Systems