Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Software Developer in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Inflection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A culture the supports driven individuals that also understand the importance of time out from work. A sense of community and reassurance that the company is going to do the right thing by it's employees A flatter-than-most heir-achy Company perks are fantastic Support of healthy life style An vibrant environment of bright young people

Cons

Ability for complacency to creep in

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Too Many Chiefs...not enough Indians

Former Employee - Member Services Representative
    Former Employee - Member Services Representative

I worked at Inflection full-time

Pros

Food perks, convenient parking, personal cubicle, chair massages

Cons

Low pay for the work. You have to take calls and work on emails from other customers at the same time. So really there is no break after a call. You are always working unless its slow. Agent's come and go which means a really high turnover rate. They talk about empowerment and make it sound like a relaxed place, but you are micro managed by supervisors and managers. Policies are always changing!

Advice to Management

Check your policies against other call centers. Other places are less stressful. Follow through on what you tell agents. You tell them this will happen and then you change the policy. There is a lot of pretending that this is one of the best places to work. Stop pretending and make it that way for real. Values don't match what is actually going on.

Inflection Response

Nov 24, 2014 – Recruiting

Thank you for your review, we value your feedback. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed our perks and benefits! This summer, we remodeled our entire office; to include a new and improved lunch room ... More

2. Lots of opportunities

I worked at Inflection

Pros

I worked at Inflection for 2 years. Aside from all the usual perks/benefits that come with working at a tech-firm (food, health, commute perks, etc etc), Inflection offers a plethora of exciting opportunities, products, and teams to get involved in. This is quite an employee-driven firm in the sense that you are given a great degree of freedom to define the projects that you work on and the people that you work with. It's a pretty rare attribute, and if you're willing to run with those opportunities, you'll really enjoy it.

Cons

If you're not pretty self-directed, it's easy to fall into a routine of doing very little and building up resentment. Finding your niche is not the cut-throat process that other reviews might lead you to believe; if you open those discussions with your colleagues then I think you'll be surprised at the support you'll get. It's just a case of asking.

Advice to Management

The technology stack is a bit old, and could do with some upgrading. I personally believe the work from home perk is a somewhat exploited to the detriment of the company as a whole.

Inflection Response

Nov 26, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks for your contributions, and happy that you were inspired by all the opportunities for growth and impact. We are excited to have introduced some new technologies to our stack, including Ruby ... More