Info-Tech Research Group
www.infotech.com London, Canada 150 to 499 Employees

Excellent company to work for!

Analyst (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros-Excellent company culture: the leadership team is very passionate about the firm, and the employees are a great group of people to work with. A lot of employees (particularly in the Research department) have become close friends outside of work. We have a 'Ministry of Fun' that sponsors all kinds of fun company events and contributes to the great culture. Despite being a mid-sized business, there's not much 'stereotypical corporate BS' to deal with.
-Lots of room for growth: the company is successful and expanding rapidly, so there's a lot of potential to move into new areas of the company.
-Compensation is generally very good, although your mileage may vary depending on department and credentials.
-If you're interested in technology, this is the place to be!

Cons-Though not necessarily a con per se, be prepared for a LOT of ongoing changes. As other reviewers have mentioned, the leadership team is constantly reinventing our product offering and internal processes. A lot of these changes are for the best, but they require a significant degree of adaptability. Things here are always in motion, and if you're not used to a constant influx of ongoing changes, it's easy to be overwhelmed. Senior management expectations are that employees will rapidly adapt to change.
-Due to focus on product and process changes, management hasn't spent much time on career development strategy for a while. There's lots of opportunities throughout the company, but you need to find them yourself. It's easy to stagnate at the company if you stay within the bounds of their current career structures.
-Company culture is great in my opinion, but may not be for everyone. If you're introverted and "not at work to make friends", you probably aren't the ideal fit. Most of the people who are successful here are sociable and enjoy the company's "work hard play hard" mantra.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great company culture - this is why a lot of people in Toronto love the firm. Ensure that changes and rationale continue to be communicated clearly to employees. Some renewed emphasis on the career structures in Research and Sales would be nice, as many employees are of the opinion that moving up the career ladder in these departments in any meaningful sense takes far too long.

No corporate BS, a real TEAM

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Corporate BS messaging is non-existent...the leadership execs talk straight about what they are planning to do and why, and it's visible in the day-to-day… Cons: - Priorities change super-fast, but understandable as this is a rapidly-growing mid-sized company trying to get into the Big League. - You are expected to be… Advice to Senior Management: Get Sales to involve the client-facing individuals when making CIO-level calls. We lose a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Culture

I have been working at Info-Tech Research Group for less than a year

Pros: Work hard play hard - great work life balance Cons: A lot of of growth and changes happening - must… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Info-Tech Research Group.

Worked for Info-Tech Research Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Info-Tech Research Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Info-Tech Research Group CEO Joel McLean. All reviews posted anonymously by Info-Tech Research Group employees.