InfoReliance

www.inforeliance.com
  www.inforeliance.com
There are newer employer reviews for InfoReliance

Started great then began to sour

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with some really great folks. Knowledgeable, professional and always looking for ways to support your efforts. Unfortunately my experience doesn't extend to senior management.

Cons

Some of the Vice Presidents use the "beat them into submission with verbal abuse" method of management.

Check your ego, and the unprofessional language at the door. You'll always get better results by treating people professionally.

28 Other Employee Reviews for InfoReliance (View Most Recent)

Out of touch management and zero career path

I have been working at InfoReliance

Pros

Good salary, good benefits that start on the first day.

Cons

Disconnected, incompetent upper management; no clearly defined career path and no education benefits. Zero recognition for performance and meager raises.

Listen to your employees.

Embarrassed by work I did here

Former Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Fairfax, VA

I worked at InfoReliance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Possible access to new-to-you technologies. I learned a lot while I was there and am grateful for what I learned.

Cons

I worked for IR full time for six months, which was the length of the project I was assigned. Non-technical management made too many technical decisions that made the end result horrible. They also withheld future requirements they knew about for future phases but didnt' want to bother developers with those details during the first phase. If we'd known these future requirements, we would have planned the application very differently to handle them. In the end we did deliver a product that technically worked, but was one that I say I'm embarrassed to have my name associated with.

At the end of my assigned project, I was asked to stay on to work on the next phase. I wanted nothing to do with that project or my manager.

I talked to the VP about other options and he offered me opportunities in six other projects. He went through the six projects, what their status was, and what the challenges were in each that I would help overcome. I came out of that meeting seeing that every project that was available was a huge mess. That indicates a bigger problem. I put in my notice the next day.

Focus the company and provide better training. Since the company just does anything it can get a contract for, employees work in too many different technologies. You need to focus in more specific areas and then provide more training for your employees. I hated feeling like one of the few qualified people in a sea of incompetents. Also do real evaluations and actually fire people that don't perform. I had a direct report that I wanted to fire but that was a non-starter apparently. He was totally useless even after significant personal attention trying to train him and even though he had been with the company for many years and apparently bounced from one project to another without ever actually learning how to do his job.

There are newer employer reviews for InfoReliance