Infogroup

www.infogroup.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Infogroup

Working at InfoGroup was a transitional job for me.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Omaha, NE
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at Infogroup full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people doing the work are honest and work well together.

Cons

Benefits could be better, such as health care and retirement.

Listen to the people who do the work day to day, they have some good ideas.

59 Other Employee Reviews for Infogroup (View Most Recent)

Constant ch-ch-ch-changes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Infogroup full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- A lot of smart, hard-working colleagues who care about their work, their clients and their teams
    - Opportunities to work remotely even 1-2 days a week was nice
    - When Clare Hart was the CEO she held regular "town hall" meetings where people at least got to put faces to names of the senior leadership.

Cons

- Management have a history of misleading and lying to employees about company changes such as new owners and the ever-changing CEO's but then they speak to the press and confirm the changes so employees read about it in the news.
    - Benefits are horrible and expensive. I've never paid so much for so little on health insurance. Co-insurance and deductibles are ridiculously high.
    - Corporate credit cards are only for senior management. Everyone else has to expense business trips, team events, client lunches, etc., on their personal cards and then expense them. This meant some employees were waiting for their expense reimbursement check to pay off their credit card bills and hoping the check would arrive on time.
    - At the all-employee town hall meetings execs say they are happy to answer any questions. They never actually answer the questions that are asked. They just dance around the topic.
    - Infogroup is the most bureaucratic company I've ever worked for. Employees can only communicate with their direct manager who in turn communicates with their manager and so on up the chain until the questions/suggestions get to the person they need to get to and then the answer or follow up questions come back down. It's so inefficient but don't dare question the higher-ups.

- Improve your benefits plans. People talk and we know that what you're offering is NOT the best that's out there despite what you keep saying.
    - Try to hold on to a CEO for more than a year. It would help the stability of the company.
    - Answer the questions you're being asked or don't invite questions at all.

Keep Looking - Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Sales in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Infogroup full-time

Pros

The only real pro is the flexibility. A lot of employees work from home or remotely so it is a great job if you need flexibility and can put up with the actual organization and remove yourself from the lunacy that occurs at this organization.

Cons

Lack of Leadership
    - The new President of one of the divisions has been to the office three times and hasn't even introduced himself to the 10 employees working in the remote office. Instead, he goes straight to the conference room and leaves when his meetings are over.
    - Frequent admittance by senior leadership that they know nothing about the space
    - No investment in new or existing products but trying to compete in the space.
    - Since Mike I. took over, little to no communication at all from Senior Leadership. At this point, I'd welcome back Vin Gupta over current leaders.

Benefits, Compensation, ETC
    - We were promised 401K match for 2011 and still have not received it. No communication about timing.
    - Salary cuts that occurred without warning from management and no real confirmation that they were sticking for 10 months
    - They laid off most of our HR team so there is only one recruiter for 100+ open positions. For one of the positions I am recruiting for they asked me to pay out of pocket for postings to Monster or Craigslist.

Sales
    - Little or no training for new sales people.
    - Rogue sales team allowed to sell anything if they can rebroker it, even if they know nothing about the actual solution

My advice to CCMP is to clean house and bring in actual leaders or sell the company. Right now the company is in an embarrassing state.

There are newer employer reviews for Infogroup