Informa

www.informa.com

Stay far, far away

ProsGood benefits, good work-life balance (as long as you take it), a lot of nice people despite the bad company and environment, open to telecommuting.

Quite frankly, it's also quite easy to fly below the radar and get by without doing much real work. I haven't tried it myself yet, but have seen enough others do it that I'm starting to consider it.

ConsThis company constantly reorganizes and buys new companies and sells parts of itself I think only to justify the managers shuffling the pieces around. There are far too many layers of management--it seems people get promoted until they are no longer actually responsible for doing anything tangible. While they spend hour after hour in pointless meetings, the people actually responsible for doing things are told to turn left, then turn right 3 months later, then turn left again 3 months after that even after they point out that they've gone down that road before. And, when it's all said and done, the competition has lapped us, the products have suffered, and the good people that are left are too disenchanted to give their best any longer.

Needless to say, there's been a lot of turnover in the last 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of any management who is telling you their plan is "strategic" or will help "efficiency"--they either don't know what they're talking about or are looking to make a cut that will hurt them 3 months down the road. Minimize bureaucracy and actually empower the people who know their products and business best to run with them.

Very big organisation with room to change and adapt.

Delegate Sales Executive (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at Informa full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very large organisation, people are very nice and friendly, pretty… Cons: salary is pretty low, no company benefits, More

great team, unchallenging job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Informa

Pros: colleagues are great and very committed Cons: long working hours, weekend travel, monotonous job Advice to Senior Management: involve employees, acknowledge employee input More
There are newer reviews on Informa.

Worked for Informa? Contribute to the Community!