Informa
www.informa.com Zug, Switzerland

Informa in Massachusetts is hopefully not representative as a whole.

Manager (Former Employee)
Worcester, MA

ProsIn this economy, it's a job. Luckily one I left behind me.

ConsRigid hours, uneducated Human Resources, inflexible working conditions, Director-level management openly played favorites. No programs were in place to foster inter-departmental interaction. Lots of layoffs. Some borderline illegal employee practices - i.e. giving one employee flexibility, when employees of equal standing are not given the same benefit or laying off employees with legitimate worker's comp claims. It was a dismal place to work - at least in my group.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees need better resources, flexibility. When I was there, we had a poorly managed intranet, little information was shared with the staff including in-office Sr. Managers. The work schedule and inflexibility was terrible. I was in a meeting and another employee commented that "This used to be a good place to work"...unfortunately he was right and I hadn't worked there when it was considered good.

Good exposure but bad experience

Principal Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Informa full-time for more than a year

Pros: Exposure to high level executive people on Telecom and Media… Cons: Lack of opportunities Weakness of the solutions Mafia teams internally --- Lack… Advice to Senior Management: Be closer to your employees. Listen to what the customer says in… More

Informa Group Latin America - great people to work with but no clear career path

Marketing Executive (Former Employee)
    São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I worked at Informa full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great environment to work in, everyone was very friendly and helpful. I had the freedom to manage my… Cons: Management did not handle situations and act in most professional manner, disorganized; no clear career path,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Informa.

Worked for Informa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Informa CEO Peter S. Rigby. All reviews posted anonymously by Informa employees.