Informa

www.informa.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Informa

Nice stepping stone if just starting your career.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL
Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Informa

Pros

The Informa Support Services -Sarasota office offers great opportunities for customer service, cash applications, collections, billing, and accounts payable professionals, as well as a growing finance team open to recruiting college graduates. The office executive team as a whole strongly believes in in-house promotions which is evident in the retention time of the staff.

Cons

Some Sarasota departments must work national holidays but are given time off later in the month (4th of July, Labor day, etc.). This is only hard to swallow when other international offices are able to get time off for their local holidays that fall during crucial deadlines but the Sarasota finance team does not get the same consideration.

Great mix of management styles. The Sarasota office has put together an extraordinary executive team and offer all staff the opportunity to be mentored by these multifaceted accounting professionals.

65 Other Employee Reviews for Informa (View Most Recent)

Informa in Massachusetts is hopefully not representative as a whole.

Former Employee - Manager in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Worcester, MA

I worked at Informa

Pros

In this economy, it's a job. Luckily one I left behind me.

Cons

Rigid hours, uneducated Human Resources, inflexible working conditions, Director-level management openly played favorites. No programs were in place to foster inter-departmental interaction. Lots of layoffs. Some borderline illegal employee practices - i.e. giving one employee flexibility, when employees of equal standing are not given the same benefit or laying off employees with legitimate worker's comp claims. It was a dismal place to work - at least in my group.

Employees need better resources, flexibility. When I was there, we had a poorly managed intranet, little information was shared with the staff including in-office Sr. Managers. The work schedule and inflexibility was terrible. I was in a meeting and another employee commented that "This used to be a good place to work"...unfortunately he was right and I hadn't worked there when it was considered good.

Merger

I worked at Informa

Pros

culture, office, reguarly looking to promote

Cons

redundancies, mergers of products that don't suit one another, expecting sales to work on products they have little experience/knowledge of

work with what made your products great to begin with

There are newer employer reviews for Informa