Informatica

www.informatica.com

A fairly stable position in a stable company in an unstable industry

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

* Stable senior management team
* Logical acquisition strategy and strong financial position to continue making acquisitions
* Flexibility in where and when work is performed
* Generous compensation package and bonuses

Cons

* Unfocused marketing strategy and outdated marketing organization structure
* Lack of innovation, creativity, risk-taking, follow-through in marketing
* Cramped and inconvenient located office space
* Few or no opportunities for career advancement

Leadership means identifying a clear goal, putting the organizational structure in place to achieve that goal, staffing that organization with confident and competent people, and executing on that goal, task by task. Don't solicit ideas for improvement and then "go dark." Follow through on your commitments to your team. There's a lot of untapped talent in your organization. Clear the dead wood, and you'll find it.

Other Reviews for Informatica

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

- Opportunities to learn new things
    - Management fairness
    - Good colleagues to work with
    - Competitive compensation
    - Good employee benefit
    - Profit sharing

Cons

- Release schedule is tight
    - Some stresses toward end of the release
    - No good investment options in 401K

Informatica is a great place to work

Current Employee - Director of IT  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director of IT in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

At Informatica, I have the opportunity to work with smart people who are passionate about what they do - regardless of the department. In the last week I have worked with product managers who are genuinely excited by what our products can do, IT analysts who continually look for new ways to deliver creative solutions for the business, marketers who are 100% committed to driving growth of the business, and facilities managers who are coming up with creative ways to provide collaborative and efficient working environments for our rapidly growing team. And that's just this week!

Sohaib Abbasi provides clear leadership and strategic direction for the company, and there is strong alignment of objectives from the top down. Large projects, whether they are product releases, technology initiatives, or business process changes have visible, top-down support. In recent months, everyone is talking about what their teams can do to help sustain continued growth and innovation.

I was fortunate enough to visit our India office this quarter and meet some of the team there, and I observed the same focus on delivery and execution, as well as emphasis on communication, accountability and strong relationships that I see at HQ. This is the first time I have been part of a global team that truly feels like a team.

With regard to opportunity for advancement, here's my experience - in the 7+ years I have been with the company I have been promoted four times. While turnover is extremely low - I have had one resignation on the team in the time I have been here - we have had numerous openings created through increased workload due to company growth, expansion in scope of the team's responsibilities, or promotion of top performers, resulting in a fairly consistent stream of opportunities.

At Informatica, I feel that I have the resources I need to be successful, as well as the opportunity to have my voice be heard and to make an impact on the organization.

Cons

Informatica is growing very quickly:

- Space is tight in HQ and getting tighter as we continue to grow.
    - People who are new to the company have a LOT to absorb in very little time. There are some orientation programs to bring them up to speed but it's a lot to learn and there is an expectation that you'll get productive fast.
    - Similar to the above - there is a lot of change going on constantly, new processes, new employees, people changing roles etc - again a lot to keep up with

Keep doing what you're doing - maintain focus on execution and core competencies and grow great leaders. There is a lot of talent out there in the organization - look for new ways to identify and grow top performers.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!