Informatica

www.informatica.com
  www.informatica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Great people, superior product and a bright future.

Former Employee - Staffing in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Staffing in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Compensation was better than Oracle. Being apart of a growing company. Flexible. Well-loved CEO!I really liked the food and under-ground parking.

Cons

Typical cons with a workforce spread across the country and globe. As INFA got bigger it took more time to get things done. Working in Redwood City.

Keep hiring standards up. Let Sohaib run free like Steve Jobs, Larry Ellison and Bill gates do (did). Keep the edge you have on compensation or expect to lose your best talent.

438 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

A dynamic, exciting and fulfilling company that is changing the world

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

A great team around me who are always there to help drive cross-functional projects. Our technology is second to none - appearing in the leadership quadrants of many analyst reviews, and our determination and approach to do the right thing for the customer are always at the front of mind. The people I work with every day are excellent and contribute to making this a great place to work. Leadership is focused on driving the company forwards in a clear and communicated manner.

Cons

Don't work here if you expect a free ride. Everyone is expected to knuckle-down, roll their sleeves up and get the job done - whether that be the CEO of the most junior individual contributor. If you don't like hard work then this is not the place to be. That said, work hard, play hard and enjoy one heck of a ride - it is very fulfilling.

Remain focused, keep the communication channels open and ensure that "keeping the customer first" remain in place.

This is the worst company I have worked for throughout my entire IT career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

The best things about Informatica are its growth, salary, benefits and they do have smart business managers, but they leave a lot to be desired as people managers.

Cons

This is probably the worst place I have worked at in my 17 year IT industry career. Salary and benefits are good, but the pressure and stress they put you under makes it not worth it. If you are a workaholic, have no life, and/or your family doesn't care that you are not present, then it's a great place to work. I have been micromanaged, overburdened, and under trained from the day I started about a year ago. My manager hired me with only partial skills for my job, fully aware of this, then he tells me afterward that he doesn't have the time to train or mentor me, but still has the expectation that I will come up to speed quickly. Had he told me this before I was hired, I probably would not have taken the job. Problem is, they think this is my failure. I can go back to any company I have worked for in IT, have gotten very good reviews and came away with friends from every IT company I have worked for prior to Informatica. Informatica's management team is trying to squeeze every ounce of productivity from its employees, overburdening them with unrealistic expections. It is definitely a sweatshop. It is difficult to say of course, how much of this is my group vs. other groups, but I have heard similar things from people I have spoken to who have joined in the last 1 to 2 years. They have a very strange culture, it is not a warm atmosphere at all. Perhaps the long time employees are treated better.

You are approaching the $1B level. Unless you guys change the way you treat employees and give them proper work/life balance and more realistic expectations, then when the market opens up, you will see a mass migration of employees. You can't scale with the people you have now and if you expect to grow and attract the best talent, you need to create better job satisfaction. Bennies and pay are great, but they aren't everything. I worked for a very large competitor who payed me a bit less and their benefits were far inferior, but my job satisfaction was so much better, I would go back to them in a minute (and have put out feelers to them) as they would take me back.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica