Informatica

good, not great

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica

Pros

the salary and benefits were good. it's a large enough company to provide plenty of paths for career advancement. it's small enough that there aren't too many hurdles/bureaucracy impeding productivity. the company is well positioned compared to its competitors. they offer an employee stock purchase plan, which is a pretty good value. the company events can be pretty fun. we went on a few trips.

Cons

the projects were pretty boring. the software development process is characterized by periods of low pressure and boredom followed by periods of high pressure (possibly working weekends) before a new release of a software product.

improve middle management by hiring people with better leadership skills (not only technical skills).

343 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

stable and busy

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

very stable company during the unstable economy
    nice friendly employees, there isn't a lot company politics within each of the departments
    about average health / dental coverage
    depending on the manager, the job is pretty fair and manageable

Cons

every time someone leaves, there is no replacement due to very tight budgets (which is good for company survival during the slow economy but bad for raises or bonuses)

simultaneously juggling multiple projects due to lack of employees

some politics between subsidiaries or different product lines

sometimes it's hard to get an exact direction from management due to the constant change in product design and plans during the release cycle

some information needs to be filtered down a lot better.

Best Place I've Ever Worked

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant - Technology & Products  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant - Technology & Products in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Teamwork. I've never felt so supported like I do at Informatica. I feel as though my success is a goal of everyone I work with. They appreciate me as much as I appreciate them.

Cons

We're a smaller company so sometimes it's hard to imagine 'quick' growth. I feel as though, if I want to be a manager or director, I might need to move outside of the company to do so. But, I haven't given Informatica the chance to prove me wrong, so when I'm ready we'll see if my feelings change.

Consistent feedback, whether good or bad, is needed from all fronts... and not just at review time!

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!