There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Know the position well before you consider

I worked at Informatica full-time

Pros

-Stable company -A 'Start-up' compared to a company the size of an IBM -Sponsor green cards -Been around for a long time -Generally good people

Cons

-Boring and antiquated looking s/w -Management is about 2 generations removed and needs to stop behaving like they are school teachers and their team are children who need to be disciplined -Your manager can make or break you -Very slow moving company -Strategy is similar a giant - grow by acquisition, which causes too many different cultures to co-exist , not necessarily harmonious, and no real company 'culture', although they are trying very hard

Advice to Management

Rebrand, Make it look new and shiny and get more fresh talent in the company. Promote on merit NOT on time spent in the company. What age are we in? 1950s?

Informatica Response

Jun 7, 2013 – Vice President International Human Resources

Thanks for your review. I hope you have been able to see some of our videos and keynotes from IW13 - they are available here ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Informatica

Disappointed

I worked at Informatica (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pay, probably the best package I've ever had. The engineers I worked with were some of the best in the business.

Cons

Some of the worst management I have ever experienced. The company seemed to be intent on growing their offshore unit rather than addressing the issues at hand. Others have commented on the weight of personal relationships rather than results as a driver, an observation I would have to concur with.

Advice to Management

Take the time to get to know your direct reports and treat them like the professionals they are.

Toxic environment .

Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Architect in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good health benefits, gym facility

Cons

Toxic environment. Management within Engineering is very immature, micromanage and beat the hell out of any forward looking idea. Stuck in the 80's technology wise.

Advice to Management

Clean up management. Too much dead wood around.

Informatica Response

Jun 11, 2013 – Vice President International Human Resources

Thanks for your review. Obviously its's disappointing to read some of the comments here and I, or one of my team, would be happy to talk to you directly if you wanted to reach out. I hope that you ... More