Informatica

www.informatica.com

Challenging, fun, but it's changing...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very meritocratic below C-level execs. Challenging projects that allow you to learn. Old guard execs who share their thoughts on how to run an enterprise. I love working with my colleagues.

Cons

New guard is more closed to sharing their thoughts on how they run the business, diminishing learning opportunities.

Other Reviews for Informatica

Good solid company. Needs to maintain steady not astronomic growth.

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Informatica has been known to hire the best people, both in sales, engineering and management. The company has grown via internal and acquisition, but the companies acquired were very synergistic to the long term goals. Inside sales reps are very good and most come with 10-15 years experience. Good product recognized by the industry, and job satisfaction if you have a good territory. (I didn't)

Cons

You'd think that inside sales and outside sales would work well as a team, and that had been the case, however in the last year there was a push to continue growth at the same rate as they have seen the previous 10-15 years. Management has reduced the role of inside sales from strategic partner to the field and the customer base, to a role that just sells options and add-ons, which takes some of the strategic vision away from inside sales, where the experience is far greater than what the role is becoming. In addition, sales is being moved to Austin, TX in favor of lower costs. Sr management (outside of Inside Sales) has looked down on the inside sales group or been ambivalent. Inside sales was incented to sell smaller deals when the opportunity to sell $400-800K deals exists. Why cap our earnings?

Lots of new faces in management. I've never seen a VP of sales walk down our aisle, or address us directly. You wonder if they know where inside sales is located, and definitely don't know what we have to do in order to book a $200K order. I could easily outsell many of the field reps if I wanted that role. We bring in over $50M in revenue. How about getting a closer relationship between inside sales and field VP's? That said, these are things all companies go through when they are in a growth phase. I have no doubt the company will continue to do well.

A Fantastic Ride So far

Current Employee - Professional Services Senior Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Professional Services Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Informatica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome work culture and ethic. Talented workforce who are willing to help. Good senior management

Cons

I don't have any complaints so far. I am just trying to fill these twenty word minimum

Informatica Response

Aug 19, 2013VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback We appreciate it.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!