Informatica

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Wasted Time

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent benefits and the appearance of mobility within the company. Other departments seemed to be quite satisfied with their work and their managers.

Cons

Direct management (up to the Director level) juvenile and vindictive. Your Linked In, Facebook and other social media accounts are monitored. Management claims you can easily transfer between departments then blocks those attempts.

Informatica does many, many things well. Why the reports from their HR manager are ignored is strange to me. Upper management would do well to question a little closer the methods of middle and lower management.

Informatica Response

Nov 21, 2013HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Informatica does have a formal social media policy and, whilst we clearly do not actively monitor employee's social media feeds, we do ... More

434 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

Management changes have challenged the culture at Informatica

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great products and even better people
    Company vision is clear and demonstrative
    High demand solutions that have and will weather many economic cycles

Cons

Sr. Leadership changes have created a more fearful environment
    Good people have left voluntarily at an alarming rate

Pay attention to turnover. Informatica is a fantastic company, but can't remain so unless those that got it there remain engaged and committed.

Good solid company. Needs to maintain steady not astronomic growth.

Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Informatica has been known to hire the best people, both in sales, engineering and management. The company has grown via internal and acquisition, but the companies acquired were very synergistic to the long term goals. Inside sales reps are very good and most come with 10-15 years experience. Good product recognized by the industry, and job satisfaction if you have a good territory. (I didn't)

Cons

You'd think that inside sales and outside sales would work well as a team, and that had been the case, however in the last year there was a push to continue growth at the same rate as they have seen the previous 10-15 years. Management has reduced the role of inside sales from strategic partner to the field and the customer base, to a role that just sells options and add-ons, which takes some of the strategic vision away from inside sales, where the experience is far greater than what the role is becoming. In addition, sales is being moved to Austin, TX in favor of lower costs. Sr management (outside of Inside Sales) has looked down on the inside sales group or been ambivalent. Inside sales was incented to sell smaller deals when the opportunity to sell $400-800K deals exists. Why cap our earnings?

Lots of new faces in management. I've never seen a VP of sales walk down our aisle, or address us directly. You wonder if they know where inside sales is located, and definitely don't know what we have to do in order to book a $200K order. I could easily outsell many of the field reps if I wanted that role. We bring in over $50M in revenue. How about getting a closer relationship between inside sales and field VP's? That said, these are things all companies go through when they are in a growth phase. I have no doubt the company will continue to do well.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica