There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Great Company To Work For

Former Employee - Principal Sales Consultant
Former Employee - Principal Sales Consultant

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Top notch co-workers, lots of opportunity to move around, advance and get experience in different roles. Management willing to bend over backward to keep good talent.

Cons

Salaries lag behind competitors, Company is trying to break thru the billion dollar revenue and push it up to 5b long term which means a lot of growing pains, different skill sets needed for that kind of growth in many areas.

Overall vision and direction of the company is spot on, wish there were more company wide updates, etc.

reviews filtered by

I worked with some of the most talented, intelligent, and compelling people.

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

The work/life balance and compensation are superb.

Cons

Communication of the big picture from the organization's executives can sometimes get muddled.

Informatica Response

Nov 11, 2013Vice President International Human Resources

Many thanks for your time in posting this review. I'm glad that you are positive about your overall expererience with the company - we are defintiely working on being much clearer about the ... More

2. Good place to work but don't expect to advance your career here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid company, solid reputation. Great product. There is definitely a worker/manager culture so if you want a long-term job in the same position, this is a good fit for you.

Cons

I attempted at least 3 different times to advance my career within the company. Each time I was shot down with no solid, objective reason. The managers are pawns to the VP with no authority to really get things done themselves. They felt "since others like me" hadn't been successful at the position, I would automatically be unsuccessful at the position.

Advance your people and take care of them. They might just stick around longer.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica