Informatica

www.informatica.com
  www.informatica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Good work culture, long working hours

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Good working culture
- OK compensation

Cons

- Expected to over-work
- Key decisions happen in US
- Less growth in India
- Work can get monotonous

Nov 25, 2013Director - Human Resources

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to provide us this feedback. We take the feedback we receive very seriously.
Happy to know that you like the working culture in
... More

438 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

Great technology company but no benefits like other competitors

Former Employee - Project Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Very high quality of professionals
    - Nice technology work and working on latest technology
    - Presence in over 20 countries
    - Offer employee stocks (RSU)
    - Working from Home option - the only work-life balance option.

Cons

- Does not offer any car-lease policy or house-lease policy like many of the other IT companies
    - Missed bonuses for some quarters in the past even though it is mentioned in the CTC.
    - Managed typically focuses only on one thing. Currently it is the Hadoop wave, all other teams are kept unimportant.
    - Per diem is just $40 per day when travelling to US and 20 pounds for UK. This is too less for international travel.
    - Need to work on almost all the weekends and late nights working with the US team.

Upper management can learn to manage multiple priorities especially moving to a billion dollar company. Upper management is mostly focused only on the sales escalations but not on the next decade strategy. The management should know how to take the more personal ownership of their deliverables rather than finger pointing the individual engineers.

Nov 13, 2013Director - Human Resources

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to give us the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee's experience in working with us.

We are
    ... More

The Best work culture , driven by really talented people .

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Work - life balance
    2. Competitive pay - hikes are directly proportional to goals accompalished during financial year . Even if starting pay is not the best , but eventually you can beat any of the competitiors .
    3. Freedom to think/innovate/learn . Time is given to properly design , think and implement the solution .
    4. Great opportunity to develop personally - learning is not limited technical skills .. you can learn a lot when you have a group of smart people around .
    5. Management accept shortcomings and are always ready to change for better .

Cons

A general cons of any big company is when the products become stable , a lot of time is spent in code maintenance which may slow down learning . This is again team specific and not permanent , eventually management takes care to distribute core rnd tasks so that every one gets good opportunity .

The projects are too customer driver . More RnD and dev initiated projects should be given importance too .

Nov 13, 2013Director - Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback. Really glad to know that you enjoy working here. As always we are open to feedback and is looking at ways to improve.
    Feel free to reach out to me or anyone else in the

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica