Informatica

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Organization=Great , IPS=Awesome , DI Leadership=Poor

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice pay package and health benefits.
Innovative R&D.
market leader in its domain.

Cons

Informatica professional services as an organization is just great , the only complain i have is with senior leadership in my vertical (DI).they don't take any interest in career development of the resources , they scoff on any idea of your going to other well managed groups (MDM/DQ/SEAL) . we badly need 360 degree feedback.
If you get an offer make sure you are not coming to IPS Data Integration practice all other groups are simply awesome.

Please start 360 degree feedback , its a great organization ...don't let few bad apples spoil the party for everyone. I always dissuade my friends to join IPS DI practice.

Informatica Response

Dec 12, 2013Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank You for your feedback. Glad to hear you are pleased with our comp packages and health benefits. Also good to hear our R&D is innovative and you are optimistic about the future of Informatica ... More

436 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

If you are looking into working in IT, think very long and very hard about it.

Current Employee - IT Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - IT Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay for the role is OK, not keeping up with the Google/FB/Linkedin's anymore though.

Cons

Many single points of failure. Many contractors who doesn't have to be managed as staff, which management seems to like. A lot of turnover right now, at both executive and staff level. Not enough staff to justify all the upper-middle management. Staff not part of the team, treated like contractors. Everything looks to be moving to India, where quality is terrible. Accountability is arbitrary. HR is absent...

Invest in your people, they will feel part of a team vs. part of a machine. They will stay for the mission, even if other things are hard. Manage your people, not your processes. Empower your staff vs. disable their ability to make a decision at every corner. No one feels safe or knows what is going on.

Informatica Response

Dec 13, 2013HR Director, Business Partner

Thank you for your candid feedback. I’m sorry you were not satisfied with working at Informatica. We benchmark our pay ranges at least yearly to ensure that we pay market-competitive salaries. The ... More

Good, smart people who get results and have fun

Current Employee - Human Resources in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- great company overall
    - hot, growing industry
    - market leader
    - good compensation
    - flexible work arrangements
    - fun, spontaneous people who work hard

Cons

- not enough cross-functional collaboration and communication
    - some functions value people less than others
    - some managers are awesome while others are just so-so

Address the managers that don't value their people. Know where the problems are in the organization (e.g. turnover, morale) and act on them.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica