Informatica

Competent people, good culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

The general environment is very positive. As a new employee, others are very willing to help me. This includes fellow engineers, IT, management and HR.
In my experience, people are genuinely committed to getting the job done and helping each other, and not just on looking good or pushing work off to other people.
My manager is friendly and laid back. He generally takes a hands-off approach, but checks in enough with people to make sure everything is going smoothly.
All employees are given membership to a very nice gym near the office.
The company is big enough that there are people of all age groups, so it is possible to make friends with someone my age.

Cons

The IT infrastructure is very poor. Engineers who are very demanding of their computers are forced to struggle using three year old laptops running nine year old software. Managers are unwilling to approve replacements even when an old machine is obviously hindering productivity.
Many projects are worked on simultaneously in different offices in different time zones. This can make communication difficult and it makes work frustrating sometimes.
The quality of the code being written and adherence to best engineering practices is uneven.

Invest in IT hardware and software. It will make your product development and QA much happier and more productive overnight.
Don't bother giving us food if it's not delicious. I'd rather have the money.

Other Reviews for Informatica

a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

the people are great, there is a strong sense of team spirit and everyone is very helpful. people are respected by management - they know we are the key to the success

Cons

in this tough macro climate - there arent any downsides. jobs are stable, pay is good, we still get bonuses and good benefits

communicate more

Great professional services job, only if you are willing to travel.

Current Employee - Professional Services Senior Consultant  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Professional Services Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Informatica is a great organization to work with, they respect your personal opinion, value your decision. There is always time to balance your work n life, its left to individual if they want to earn more by burning their personal time. This habit is forbidden, but there is only something can be done by management. Leaders within and coworkers are helpful, it’s like if you ask right question you get right answer. With the time the organization has matured, as we all know achieving maturity is continuous process. With the relatively less number of people, the organization has global and detail reach to their customer and employees. Great

Cons

If you are with professional service division, then you have to travel a lot. Always pack a bag and be on your toes. If you are more like a people person, and cant work on your own...then this is not for you. Imagine you will be given everything you ask for but the people you can talk face to face. Its the job, yo all will be working together but sitting on different islands.

Management is great, with the promotion and growth within organization they seems (!) far reachable.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!