Informatica
www.informatica.com Redwood City, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Competent people, good culture

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

ProsThe general environment is very positive. As a new employee, others are very willing to help me. This includes fellow engineers, IT, management and HR.
In my experience, people are genuinely committed to getting the job done and helping each other, and not just on looking good or pushing work off to other people.
My manager is friendly and laid back. He generally takes a hands-off approach, but checks in enough with people to make sure everything is going smoothly.
All employees are given membership to a very nice gym near the office.
The company is big enough that there are people of all age groups, so it is possible to make friends with someone my age.

ConsThe IT infrastructure is very poor. Engineers who are very demanding of their computers are forced to struggle using three year old laptops running nine year old software. Managers are unwilling to approve replacements even when an old machine is obviously hindering productivity.
Many projects are worked on simultaneously in different offices in different time zones. This can make communication difficult and it makes work frustrating sometimes.
The quality of the code being written and adherence to best engineering practices is uneven.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in IT hardware and software. It will make your product development and QA much happier and more productive overnight.
Don't bother giving us food if it's not delicious. I'd rather have the money.

a great place to work

Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros: the people are great, there is a strong sense of team spirit and everyone is very… Cons: in this tough macro climate - there arent any downsides. jobs… Advice to Senior Management: communicate more Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great professional services job, only if you are willing to travel.

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Informatica

Pros: Informatica is a great organization to work with, they respect your personal opinion, value your decision. There is always time to balance your work n… Cons: If you are with professional service division, then you have to travel a lot. Always pack a bag and be on your toes. If you… Advice to Senior Management: Management is great, with the promotion and growth within organization… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Informatica.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Informatica CEO Sohaib Abbasi. All reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees.