There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

changed my definition of workplace, makes me want to work so much! great people!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

great work-life balance ..flexible time offs.. good opportunity to grow..good compensation..friendly managers, free lunch and dinner..nice and intelligent people.. appreciation for work.. nice place to work in..great culture..

Cons

learning curve, a lot of domain knowledge

just hiring the right people is not enough, giving them the right training to begin with is necessary. promote an environment where people who have knowledge share that knowledge with others. mode of transfer of knowlege is immature. Lot of time and effort can be saved if collaboration is proper.

Jul 25, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for sharing your feedback and glad to see that you have a positive outlook about the company. While Tech talks and Innovation days are internal forums promoted within Informatica for ... More

reviews filtered by

You have been warned!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Informatica full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the teams and their work environment is good. Non management people are quite friendly.

Cons

1. Highly biased towards IITians. They are paid much better salaries than other non IITians.
    2. There is a platform named ISP. You will be shouted at and abused often. Be prepared for frequent humiliation if you are joining this team.
    3. No clear goals. You do X, they will say you are not doing Y. You start doing Y they will say you are not doing Z.
    4. People with flowery talks matter more here then with sound technical knowledge and innovative ideas. Sharpen your flattering skills if you want to make progress. Work does not matter that is the harsh truth.
    5. If you get targeted all meaningless work will go to you. Then you will be shouted and abused again that you are not doing anything useful.
    6. There are frequent one on one's to humiliate and demotivate you.
    7. From ISP team on average 3 people leave in 6 months.

On the whole DO NOT JOIN ISP TEAM. AND AT THE END I WOULD SAY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NOW CHOICE IS YOURS.

Aug 5, 2014Sr HRBP

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. We take the reviews seriously and would like to understand the concerns you raised better.

Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone from the
    ... More

2. Excellent experience and great work culture

Former Employee - Senior Leader in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Leader in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Informatica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Work Culture and fantastic people. Good work life balance and very senior leaders and managers

Cons

The company has to be more open between different groups in Bangalore and USA

Sharing more information with engineers is required to gain trust

Jul 16, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We take your feedback seriously and its been noted and passed onto the right people. Thanks again and great to have you on the Informatica team

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica