Great place to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Great place to work for engineer. Good product with great technologies. Work and life balance well. Opportunity to move and work in different teams within company

Cons

Perf review process usually lean toward emphasizing on the negative than cheering the accomplishments. Salary is at average but not top.

Advice to Management

Engineering manager needs to praise the good work or accomplishment from employee. Encourage innovation and to improve the daily communication process

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Competent people, good culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

The general environment is very positive. As a new employee, others are very willing to help me. This includes fellow engineers, IT, management and HR.
    In my experience, people are genuinely committed to getting the job done and helping each other, and not just on looking good or pushing work off to other people.
    My manager is friendly and laid back. He generally takes a hands-off approach, but checks in enough with people to make sure everything is going smoothly.
    All employees are given membership to a very nice gym near the office.
    The company is big enough that there are people of all age groups, so it is possible to make friends with someone my age.

Cons

The IT infrastructure is very poor. Engineers who are very demanding of their computers are forced to struggle using three year old laptops running nine year old software. Managers are unwilling to approve replacements even when an old machine is obviously hindering productivity.
    Many projects are worked on simultaneously in different offices in different time zones. This can make communication difficult and it makes work frustrating sometimes.
    The quality of the code being written and adherence to best engineering practices is uneven.

Advice to Management

Invest in IT hardware and software. It will make your product development and QA much happier and more productive overnight.
    Don't bother giving us food if it's not delicious. I'd rather have the money.

2. a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

the people are great, there is a strong sense of team spirit and everyone is very helpful. people are respected by management - they know we are the key to the success

Cons

in this tough macro climate - there arent any downsides. jobs are stable, pay is good, we still get bonuses and good benefits

Advice to Management

communicate more