Informatica

www.informatica.com
  www.informatica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Working at Informatica in inside sales.

Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Not a bad place to work - slightly better than average salary, good people, not high stress. Very understanding about life/work balance. Great product line and very well thought of in the industry.

Cons

Lots of disparity as far as territory went - often average salespeople did very well and top notch salespeople suffered because of bad territories. Management is nice but pretty much status quo - they aren't really natural leaders.

I would suggest creating a stronger delineation between field and inside - also recognize who your best people are and don't always look at the numbers. Get people more excited - just don't sit their and drone and overstate the obvious....

435 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

Been waiting for them to reveal their true dark selves, but it is a fantastic organization with great leadership

Current Employee - Such An Impressive Place & Blowing Out Numbers! in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Sohaib/CEO continually amazes - dedication, knowledge, leadership, humor, passion - all off the charts. He is someone you really want to follow into battle.
    Can't argue with growth and results this company has put up. Probably best in the Valley - grew right through the "Great Recession."
    Others in exec management have all been impressive, easily approachable, smart people - very pragmatic
    Benefits to employees are great - they really care and make employee morale a key part of every quarterly company meeting
    Sales Organization doesn't have the "I walk on water" mentality that so many other companies have.

Cons

With growth comes challenges - office space running out. More crunching to fit people in.
    Could push for better cross-organizational collaboration (sales, marketing, business units)
    Acquisitions pace fast and furious - can be hard to keep up (but that's part of what's expected)

Continue to be pragmatic (which you have been). Approve a corporate jet for the hardest working CEO in the Valley (no, Sohaib did not ask me to say this)!

Competent people, good culture

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

The general environment is very positive. As a new employee, others are very willing to help me. This includes fellow engineers, IT, management and HR.
    In my experience, people are genuinely committed to getting the job done and helping each other, and not just on looking good or pushing work off to other people.
    My manager is friendly and laid back. He generally takes a hands-off approach, but checks in enough with people to make sure everything is going smoothly.
    All employees are given membership to a very nice gym near the office.
    The company is big enough that there are people of all age groups, so it is possible to make friends with someone my age.

Cons

The IT infrastructure is very poor. Engineers who are very demanding of their computers are forced to struggle using three year old laptops running nine year old software. Managers are unwilling to approve replacements even when an old machine is obviously hindering productivity.
    Many projects are worked on simultaneously in different offices in different time zones. This can make communication difficult and it makes work frustrating sometimes.
    The quality of the code being written and adherence to best engineering practices is uneven.

Invest in IT hardware and software. It will make your product development and QA much happier and more productive overnight.
    Don't bother giving us food if it's not delicious. I'd rather have the money.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica