Informatica

www.informatica.com
  www.informatica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Informatica

Nothing to get excited about

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Informatica

Pros

Nothing comes to mind... Some of the people I worked with were nice but it seemed everyone really just tried to cover for themselves. The pay was decent but nothing special for the area.

Cons

After nearly 18 months on the job, I still hadn't received a single employee assessment. Most feedback was in the form of criticism about what I had failed to do, which usually, I was not aware of. The training I received when joining the company was spotty and insufficient. Generally, lack of training was the source of many of my issues. Growth opportunities were zilch.

Take a good look at the organization and solicit employee feedback on the company and the managers. Many of the managers have been there a long time and are entrenched in their ways. Also, examine the employee review process.

438 Other Employee Reviews for Informatica (View Most Recent)

We really try to make this a great place to work.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

This company offers a wide variety of activities. I've been here for slightly over a year and I've been a weekend rafting trip, a weekend trip to Yosemite and several off-site release trips (usually bowling). This is in addition to our monthly parties on site and other unofficial team get-togethers.

We have a mid-sized company feel where we've still some personality but still have to follow many new procedures put in place. We've many groups of people out of college, a few years out of college, and older family aged people. Overall it's a good range of people to talk to.

We have an incredible view of the bay and Bair Island from one side of our building and a good 30 minute walking trail just out the doors of the building. Our walls are painted with tastefully vibrant colors and artwork that keeps you on your toes. The work environment was the reason why I chose to come here rather than other places.

Cons

We do get worked pretty hard. The products are labor intensive and you really need to know what you're doing to code things right. It seems like the work here never ends!

I have little or no real opinion of them. But I have heard somewhere that management is best when management isn't noticed.

Informatica - survivor

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros

Silicon Valley location, market leader in their space, though IBM breathes down their neck. Acquiring companies to match IBM's breadth. Better technology in core area, but high level of turnover in marketing results in less than anticipated sales - so good opportunity for top marketeers.
    In R&D, good growth opportunities if you are joining in Bangalore as more R&D work moves to Bangalore.

Cons

In R&D, limited development ability in the US. Bangalore facility growing by leaps and bounds. Career stagnation in the US for engineers. Entrenched senior management in R&D (been there for 10+ years) are control freaks.
    Senior engineers/architects there for 10+ years (since IPO) are control freaks and dead wood. No new ideas.

Build morale by focusing on careers of people, the sales and stock will automatically go up.
    The HR morale upgrade program was lip service. Make sure more attention is paid there.

There are newer employer reviews for Informatica