Informatica

www.informatica.com

Nothing to get excited about

Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsNothing comes to mind... Some of the people I worked with were nice but it seemed everyone really just tried to cover for themselves. The pay was decent but nothing special for the area.

ConsAfter nearly 18 months on the job, I still hadn't received a single employee assessment. Most feedback was in the form of criticism about what I had failed to do, which usually, I was not aware of. The training I received when joining the company was spotty and insufficient. Generally, lack of training was the source of many of my issues. Growth opportunities were zilch.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at the organization and solicit employee feedback on the company and the managers. Many of the managers have been there a long time and are entrenched in their ways. Also, examine the employee review process.

We really try to make this a great place to work.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros: This company offers a wide variety of activities. I've been here for slightly over a year and I've been a weekend rafting trip, a weekend… Cons: We do get worked pretty hard. The products are labor intensive and you really need to… Advice to Senior Management: I have little or no real opinion of them. But I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Informatica - survivor

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Informatica

Pros: Silicon Valley location, market leader in their space, though IBM breathes down their neck. Acquiring companies to match IBM's breadth. Better technology in core area,… Cons: In R&D, limited development ability in the US. Bangalore facility growing by leaps and bounds. Career stagnation in the US for engineers. Entrenched senior management… Advice to Senior Management: Build morale by focusing on careers of people, the sales and stock will automatically go… More
There are newer reviews on Informatica.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!