There are newer employer reviews for Information Concepts

7+ Years with the company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Information Concepts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy having direct Contact with compay's two Principals.

The flexible, casual work environment make working here ideal.

I also like the small company environment where you get to know everyone. In my role, knowing everyone makes getting my job done easier.

Like several of my Information Concepts colleagues, I left the company when I moved out of the area and happily rejoined Info when I moved back to the DC area.

Cons

None for me. Although Consulting and small company environments are not for everyone. Our environment is not as structured as some, so a proactive, entrepreneurial spirit is a must here.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to work, learn, grow

Current Employee - Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Information Concepts full-time

Pros

Developers get to code, not manage projects or collect requirements
    Business analysts / project managers get to think creatively about how to solve customers' business problems.
    Project teams value and incorporate input from all team members to produce the best solution for the customer.
    Casual work environment, flexible work schedules, telecommuting.

Cons

Expectations can be high for speed and accuracy of work.
    Busy teams and flat organizational structure sometimes means people don't realize where to look to for guidance/approval.

Create a mobile-focused practice to get a bigger foothold in that space.

Mainly a pretty decent place

Former Employee - Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Herndon, VA

I worked at Information Concepts

Pros

Laid back place most of the time. Good experience if you are just starting out, you will do a lot of things and get experience in many different areas that becomes very valuable if you move on. Casual dress, opportunities to work from home.

Cons

Egos abound. Nothing is ever the owners' fault and they like their sacrificial sheep. . Projects drone on and on and you will start with a team of 10 then have a team of 3 and be expected to have the same results if not better. You have to fight for resources and they won't even pay mileage if you have to go to a client site. Low pay for the most part, I got a 11k pay raise elsewhere.

Stop pinching so many pennies. Your turnover rate is atrocious, that's not due to a boatload of bad employees but a boatload of bad management and everyone being overworked. Give recognition for a job well done.

There are newer employer reviews for Information Concepts