Infragistics
www.infragistics.com Cranbury, NJ 50 to 149 Employees

Great Place for Self-Motivated Go Getters

Cranbury, NJ

ProsInfragistics has an awesome work culture, but as with any company, it's not for everybody. I've been here longer than anywhere else in my career (going on seven years now). Before Infragistics, I hopped around every couple years because I felt I was stagnating. Infragistics has kept me interested, offering new and rewarding challenges when things start to get dull, and I can honestly say I've never felt there was not enough to do.

Some specific positives:
- awesome physical environment, particularly in the Cranbury HQ; top notch gym, good cafe, pool table, and retro-residential design
- totally relaxed clothing policy
- depending on your position, very flexible in hours
- solid, good work is rewarded
- we work on some of the most interesting, challenging problems in the software industry
- we work on cutting edge technologies, staying ahead of the curve
- opportunities and support for exposure to the industry outside of your work bubble
- support for ongoing learning
- some of the brightest, most talented folks in the industry work here
- CEO is steering the company in the right direction
- financially sound; stayed in business (and grown) for over 20 years and never relied on VC

Contrary to what another reviewer or two said, we do a lot of innovative work in our space. Not everything we do is innovative, but that is healthy, a positive. We are and have been the leader in our space basically since it came into being, and we don't rest on our laurels--we're aggressively focused on winning in the market through both innovation and bread-and-butter value to our customers. That's the Infragistics DNA.

If you are a self-motivated, go getter who wants to do awesome work, you will thrive here.

ConsNo place is perfect, and no place is for everybody. And as with all jobs, your particular boss can have a lot of impact on your experience of the company. Keeping that in mind...

- we have had some missteps in having (IMO) the wrong folks in some senior management positions; in our defense, it is very challenging to find seasoned folks at that level who can tackle the unique challenges we face in software, but on the plus side, more recently we seem to have been making some good hires at this level--the future is bright
- we sometimes bite off too much/try to do too much at once, so we can be spread too thin

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's focus more, not try to do too many things at once, and instead invest in growing as the great software design and engineering company we are and aspire to be.

Not a bad place to work.

Sales (Former Employee)
    Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Infragistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nice facility. Good people. Great products. Cons: Unrealistic expectations. Upper management turnover due to unrealistic expectations, Advice to Senior Management: Set more realistic expectations and reward your employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great internship

Software Developer Intern (Former Employee)
    Melville, NY

I worked at Infragistics as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Talented developers A great work environment First-class technology A clear development process Challenging problems A… Cons: Small office in Melville, Long Island Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you're doing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Infragistics.

Worked for Infragistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Infragistics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Infragistics CEO Dean Guida. All reviews posted anonymously by Infragistics employees.