Infragistics

www.infragistics.com
  www.infragistics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Infragistics

Not a bad place to work.

Former Employee - Sales in Cranbury, NJ
Former Employee - Sales in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Infragistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice facility. Good people. Great products.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations. Upper management turnover due to unrealistic expectations,

Set more realistic expectations and reward your employees.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Infragistics (View Most Recent)

Great Place for Self-Motivated Go Getters

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Infragistics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Infragistics has an awesome work culture, but as with any company, it's not for everybody. I've been here longer than anywhere else in my career (going on seven years now). Before Infragistics, I hopped around every couple years because I felt I was stagnating. Infragistics has kept me interested, offering new and rewarding challenges when things start to get dull, and I can honestly say I've never felt there was not enough to do.

Some specific positives:
    - awesome physical environment, particularly in the Cranbury HQ; top notch gym, good cafe, pool table, and retro-residential design
    - totally relaxed clothing policy
    - depending on your position, very flexible in hours
    - solid, good work is rewarded
    - we work on some of the most interesting, challenging problems in the software industry
    - we work on cutting edge technologies, staying ahead of the curve
    - opportunities and support for exposure to the industry outside of your work bubble
    - support for ongoing learning
    - some of the brightest, most talented folks in the industry work here
    - CEO is steering the company in the right direction
    - financially sound; stayed in business (and grown) for over 20 years and never relied on VC

Contrary to what another reviewer or two said, we do a lot of innovative work in our space. Not everything we do is innovative, but that is healthy, a positive. We are and have been the leader in our space basically since it came into being, and we don't rest on our laurels--we're aggressively focused on winning in the market through both innovation and bread-and-butter value to our customers. That's the Infragistics DNA.

If you are a self-motivated, go getter who wants to do awesome work, you will thrive here.

Cons

No place is perfect, and no place is for everybody. And as with all jobs, your particular boss can have a lot of impact on your experience of the company. Keeping that in mind...

- we have had some missteps in having (IMO) the wrong folks in some senior management positions; in our defense, it is very challenging to find seasoned folks at that level who can tackle the unique challenges we face in software, but on the plus side, more recently we seem to have been making some good hires at this level--the future is bright
    - we sometimes bite off too much/try to do too much at once, so we can be spread too thin

Let's focus more, not try to do too many things at once, and instead invest in growing as the great software design and engineering company we are and aspire to be.

A great internship

Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Melville, NY

I worked at Infragistics as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Talented developers
    A great work environment
    First-class technology
    A clear development process
    Challenging problems
    A great environment to learn

Cons

Small office in Melville, Long Island

Keep doing what you're doing

There are newer employer reviews for Infragistics