Infusion
www.infusion.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

High possibility of doing a job you weren't hired for

Consultant (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

ProsYou get to work with some really talented people.

There are some "cutting edge" projects to work on too. But there's an unfortunate "con" associated with this I shall detail in a minute.

Management are a good bunch of guys too. And they really are trying to fix the issues here, but they have a bad rep because a lot of people feel it's too little too late. I think there may have been some personally clashes in the past too! Personally, I had faith in what they were trying to achieve, but they have a lot of work to do before they can persuade others that they do actually look out for their employees.

ConsYou can get hired as a WPF / Silverlight / C# "latest technologies" programmer... and you end up doing Sharepoint... or even worse C++ or similar... if that can be considered worse! And a hell of a lot of support rather than actual coding on top of all this.

It's not really "consulting"... it's more of a body shop for the banks. Granted, Infusion are trying to change this, but as it stands be aware of what you're getting into.

Cutting edge projects happen in your time, not Infusions time. Don't take the job if you want to work on cutting edge stuff.

Starting salaries are really not competitive in the Finance market. The consultants don't expect to be paid right in line with the Banks, but some people are grossly underpaid. I personally was one of the better paid consultants, and I was still well below market rates within finance in London.

If you work here and leave, expect to be treated a little badly on your exit! Main gripe from a lot of people in their last few weeks is you get denied access to send emails to any distribution lists so can't organise leaving drinks. I believe the reason this was implemented was down to management thinking this looked really negative when a few people left at the same time. Their solution? Don't let leavers send emails to distribution lists... bad, bad idea. That kind of stuff burns bridges...

You sign an anti-competitive clause here that may cause you major headaches when you leave. If what you really want is to work in a bank you'll have problems when you leave! Some people got treated badly *after* they left and tried to work with some of the banks that were customers of Infusion. Even though they didn't use their "Infusion contacts" to get the job (instead went through recruitment agents) Infusion still blocked them when they found out where they were going to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire for roles, not for head count. If you need to fill C++ roles then hire C++ programmers. Don't hire WPF/C# devs and expect them to just "do the job they're told" without repercussions.

Stop with the Anti-Competitive clause... it's counter-productive. Look at why you might have some contracts recently after enforcing one of these clauses...

Don't remove employees rights to send to distribution lists before they leave. That's one reason I probably won't work with Infusion again. Mouth, Bad Taste. You get the idea.

Runaway

I have been working at Infusion

Pros: - you get to do multiple projects - sometime cool stuff -… Cons: - benefits - career growth - high turnover - some people are… Advice to Senior Management: - review compensation - change bonus system No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of pressure, lots of fun people, growth challenges

(Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I worked at Infusion

Pros: Interesting reading some of the reviews here. IMO, pro's: - rapid advancement for those that are dedicated and are alpha types - exposure to… Cons: Infusion had a lot of growth last year, but it's no excuse for ignoring some of these items: - benefits. Stat minimum in england. … Advice to Senior Management: Growth is tough; turnover is tougher. Focus on figuring out… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Infusion.

Worked for Infusion? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Infusion reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Infusion CEO Gregory Brill. All reviews posted anonymously by Infusion employees.